scrubbing bathtub

Options
2»

Replies

• SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Some of these answers make me chuckle. People get so bent about what other people log or don't log...

I do a very thorough vacuuming of my entire house - 2 Great rooms, stairs, long hallways, 4 bedrooms, and all of the furniture about once a week. It takes me nearly 2 hours, what with moving the furniture, hauling the vacuum around from room to room and floor to floor, emptying the canister, etc. And you're damn right I wear my HRM and log it.

Did I do this before I lost the weight? No, because I didn't have 2 cats then.

Should anyone here give a flying rats @ss if I log it? No.

Bottom line? If you want to log it, log it.

lol!!! this is kind of awesome.

I agree with you.........but I'll also give my opinion because they asked. And because more often than not the folks who've lost 5lbs and are asking to log house work are the ones who 1)won't be here in a month and/or 2)will start posting in a month about how "it's not working!!!" and they can't figure out why. Just sayin'. ;)

again i will reiterate...i never said i would eat back any of these calories burned by scrubbing the tub...........i eat back all other intentional exercise calories. housework calories burned i do not eat back. i just wanted to know if i should bother entering it or not.

I'm just curious and have an honest question. I never log exercise on MFP. I primarily use it as an easy way to keep track of my macros and calories. I never eat back my calories. So here's my question: If you aren't going to eat back your calories, why do you log the exercise? Like i said, i've never used that function before and i honestly don't get what it would be used for.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Some of these answers make me chuckle. People get so bent about what other people log or don't log...

I do a very thorough vacuuming of my entire house - 2 Great rooms, stairs, long hallways, 4 bedrooms, and all of the furniture about once a week. It takes me nearly 2 hours, what with moving the furniture, hauling the vacuum around from room to room and floor to floor, emptying the canister, etc. And you're damn right I wear my HRM and log it.

I agree with you.........but I'll also give my opinion because they asked. And because more often than not the folks who've lost 5lbs and are asking to log house work are the ones who 1)won't be here in a month and/or 2)will start posting in a month about how "it's not working!!!" and they can't figure out why. Just sayin'. ;)

again i will reiterate...i never said i would eat back any of these calories burned by scrubbing the tub...........i eat back all other intentional exercise calories. housework calories burned i do not eat back. i just wanted to know if i should bother entering it or not.

I'm just curious and have an honest question. I never log exercise on MFP. I primarily use it as an easy way to keep track of my macros and calories. I never eat back my calories. So here's my question: If you aren't going to eat back your calories, why do you log the exercise? Like i said, i've never used that function before and i honestly don't get what it would be used for.

I don't eat back ALL of mine, but I track it all so I can see what my calorie deficit is for the day and week.......using the general rule that it takes 3500 calories a week to burn a pound a week. It's mainly just informational for that purpose for me.
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options

I don't eat back ALL of mine, but I track it all so I can see what my calorie deficit is for the day and week.......using the general rule that it takes 3500 calories a week to burn a pound a week. It's mainly just informational for that purpose for me.

Gotcha! Thanks for the info!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It's totally up to you! If your calorie goal is based on sedentary, then just about anything extra that you do can be safely counted. Personally, I would log it.

This is your journey.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Same here. I like to track everything, so I log it. If you don't log it, then you won't have that data for later.
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I just spray the whole tub with "Lime-Away"
    and wait about 15 minutes. I don't even rinse it off, just spray and walk away.

In 15 minutes whole tub all the tile work is
    gleaming and spotless.:wink:

er, sorry, guess this reply doesn't help you.
    Log whatever you want to log.
    Experiment with eating back some or all of your exercise calories.

whatever works for YOU.