Green Tea............

Options
Hi,

I've heard a lot of people talk about green tea but don't really know what benefits I would get drinking it.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Gemma

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I love green tea, and all tea in general. My favorite is Bigelow Green Tea Pomegranate.

I think this website would be very helpful in stating the benefits of green tea:
    http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/health-benefits-of-green-tea
  • AmyBoogie
    AmyBoogie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    There is this:
    http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/11-benefits-of-green-tea-that-you-didnt-know-about.html

But it's also tasty, good for your metabolism, and for me anyway, it makes me feel fuller. Yeah, I know, the same as drinking water. I drink water but the "full" I feel from tea is different (if that explains anything) and it may be all in my head. I don't care. I drink it.
  • summerincoming
    Options
    Green tea's pretty awesome. It's 0 calories, for starters, and it's mainly water, so you can count it in your cups of water per day. Also, it boosts your metabolism so you burn more calories, suppresses your appetite, and it wakes me up (though I don't know if it has any caffeine or not). I'd recommend trying it. :)
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Great topic. Was just going to post about this. Right now it's 2:37 pm where I live and I'm feeling the afternoon brainfog/ tiredness.

My usual thing is to eat because I'm sensitive to caffeine but I decided not to eat & drink GT (mine is GT with CHAI, verrry tasty).

The thing about GT is that I can sleep at night on it, none of the other caffeinated things allow me to sleep at night at all. And I think clearer on it. I have ADD and it helps me sound brilliant, or as brilliant as I think I am.

Lastly, I've heard that it might help depress your appetite, always a good thing for those of us with these issues.
  • Chocolate_Queen
    Chocolate_Queen Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Love the stuff! I like that Clipper pure green tea best.
  • MrsBioChem
    MrsBioChem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Down side of green tea is it can limit your absorption of iron by up to 60% if consumed at the same time as you iron source.