Photo.. what kind of jewelry to wear qith shirt

Options
kalawhon
kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
Bought this cute off wht. shirt from rue21 last night for a banquet dinner and need advice on what type of jewelry to wear with it or dont need any.. Like a necklace yea or no? Thanks let me know if u can pull up photo..
https://mobile.twitter.com/kalawhon/status/248087829605916672/photos

Replies

• Lisuuhhh
    Lisuuhhh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    No girl, your tweets are protected.
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    No pic.

As a guideline - if the neck of the shirt is deeply-cut, necklace. If it's not deeply-cut depends; a 'busy' or very pretty shirt neckline would mean the necklace woud likely get lost.
  • kalawhon
    Options
    Okay I couldn't figure out how to upload a photo to message boards but I have the pic./shirt as my default pic.. now what do you think?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I think the detail at the neckline is enough... it's practically jewelry itself.
  • kalawhon
    Options
    Thanks I'll be wearing my hair down, earings?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I definitely don't think a necklace is required, but if you feel the need, just a delicate chain would be enough. Again, simple earings would do the trick.
  • DetroitDarin
    Options
    Go with a necklace. something simple. Silver maybe - nothing ornate to distract from the pretty neckline of the shirt. Another option - use a classic piece; even costume jewelry on a hemp rope of tan/brown. Jeans under? What colour footwear?

Make it non-flashy for sure. Colour is okay, but I'd like to see something that looks iron - that colour. Maybe a butterfly? Something like that - the more I see that the more I really want to see a hemp necklace. Nothing too long. Just a few inches above your bust-line, without being perfectly centered on your bare skin there.

that's my $.02
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I think the detail at the neckline is enough... it's practically jewelry itself.

^^This! I'm a freelance jewellery designer and i fully agree with this point.
  • kalawhon
    Options
    Go with a necklace. something simple. Silver maybe - nothing ornate to distract from the pretty neckline of the shirt. Another option - use a classic piece; even costume jewelry on a hemp rope of tan/brown. Jeans under? What colour footwear?

Make it non-flashy for sure. Colour is okay, but I'd like to see something that looks iron - that colour. Maybe a butterfly? Something like that - the more I see that the more I really want to see a hemp necklace. Nothing too long. Just a few inches above your bust-line, without being perfectly centered on your bare skin there.

that's my $.02
    Hey thanks! I'm going to a friends house tonight, she's going to hook me up with some details/jewelry if I need it with the outfit. I really appreciate the feedback! I'm thinking a long gold/tan necklace with beeds maybe.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Cute shirt---I love Rue!

It doesn't NEED a necklace, because the lace on the neckline is very detailed, but if you wanted something I would go with a small silver chain, maybe a locket, something small.
  • DetroitDarin
    Options

that's my $.02
    Hey thanks! I'm going to a friends house tonight, she's going to hook me up with some details/jewelry if I need it with the outfit. I really appreciate the feedback! I'm thinking a long gold/tan necklace with beeds maybe.

Great idea. Ya know, re-thinking...coloured beads - would be very cute. The design on the shirt is subdued because it's white - might be hard to see. Bringing colour there would help folks see the pretty neckline. I still like a rope string though - vs anythinge else. Maybe leather would work fine.

here's the key: Find something you think is cute; something you'd love to wear...and wear that thing. Don't put too much thought into technical benefits of what you have on. Fashion and style relates closely to wine. Just as the best wine will be the wine you most-enjoy; often enjoyed because of the familiarity of the juice and the company around you as you drink - accessories are best-enjoyed when they mean something to you - the 'rules of fashion' be damned.

Be sure and post-up what you've decided.

-DD

Edit: Ya know? I like something like this -

1542_pd479781_1.jpg

That really mymics the near floral design on the neckline - what colour are your eyes? If they are blue or green that pendant would / could look amazing. It's subtle - so not to be too busy at your neck (matched w/ the neckline)...and it's cute.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    ^ I love that color with white!
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Okay I couldn't figure out how to upload a photo to message boards but I have the pic./shirt as my default pic.. now what do you think?

I say no necklace but fun earrings :)
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options

Agreed. A necklace would detract from the detailing of the neckline. It kind of has a boho-chic feel to it, so I'd probably pair it with some cool feathered or even turquoise earrings. If you don't wear a necklace, you can wear bigger earrings instead.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I definitely don't think a necklace is required, but if you feel the need, just a delicate chain would be enough. Again, simple earings would do the trick.

this!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I would wear a delicate necklace and some dangle earrings, but they shouldn't be chunky
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I agree that shirt does not require a necklace. Less is more.

I'm no help in choosing earrings. I'm allergic to everything but surgical grade stainless steel, so I've never been able to wear much more than captive bead loops.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I would skip the necklace, but do big, eye catching earrings and a thick bracelet and a couple of rings.
  • campbum
    Options
    my sister would throw a NICE colorful scarf on with that! and a nice bracelet thick with straight lines!
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I would skip the necklace, but do big, eye catching earrings and a thick bracelet and a couple of rings.

Yes! Exactly.