40lbs down, and feeling proud!

Options
9 months ago, I couldn't even run a quarter mile straight without feeling like I was dying. Now I can run a 10k, no problem. Shooting for a half marathon! The "before" picture was taken right before my weight loss journey, and the "after" picture was taken minutes after completing the Atlantic City Sprint Triathlon this past weekend. I didn't think I had that much to lose initially... 40lbs is only 3 pant sizes on me. I just love how healthy I feel now! It's amazing what some hard work, dedication, and perseverance will get you! I'm in my target weight zone now, and don't plan on losing much more weight, if any. Now I'm focused on strengthening and toning this sweet 6' tall physique. ♥ thx MFP!

beforeafter.jpg

EDIT: and i know my ticker says 15 lbs down.. that's the weight i've lost since joining MFP, along with incorporating exercise. i lost 25 on my own before that with healthier eating. MFP makes it so much more fun!

Replies

• wendytc
    wendytc Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look amazing: Happy and confident! Congrats!
  • Myosha86
    Options
    Congrats !! You look awesome :)
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    you should be proud! great job!
  • sonjarogers72
    sonjarogers72 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! You should be proud!
  • diva72girl
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!
  • BlondieSuess
    BlondieSuess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    WTG! Absolutely amazing! Truely an inspiration!
  • dalissalee
    dalissalee Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and much healthier! Way to go!
  • Michelle_Nicole
    Michelle_Nicole Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Looking amazing babe!!! Keep up the awesome work!:drinker:
  • poeco76
    poeco76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great work to get yourself where you wanted to be. :O) You look absolutely beautiful. Congrats on the race, too!!

BTW, I was kind of giggling at "40 lbs only being down 3 pant sizes" because I've lost over 50 lbs and I'm down only 1 size... it's amazing how we sometimes think that sizes are going to be more dramatic. I know I was disappointed. I'm assuming that it's due to gaining muscle (though I would think this would make me smaller, not bigger), but it's rather annoying to still be able to wear the same clothes.
  • NJSunshine13
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself. Way to go!!!! You are an inspiration.
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    WTG! You look great.
  • rsellersCST
    rsellersCST Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and your smile tells the story! You go girl!!!
  • rhvandan
    Options
    YYYYYEEEEEHAW!!! You look great! Congratulation!
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    So good.. you look terrific, super happy and healthy!! Stories like yours make me want to keep going :) Thank you!
  • imanole
    imanole Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I second everyone. Great job! It's inspiring to see. Keep up the good work. :)
  • Mustlovepugs11
    Options
    Great job! You look awesome! :smile:
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    MK I'm so proud of you, you look absolutely amazing and you got me off my fat but too
    I'm so glad to have you as a friend your amazing and the pugs are too lol :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!