What are you reading? Map of the Sky? I have to share !

Options
dmpizza
dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
Anyone reading any great books?

I started reading "Map of the Sky" by Felix J Palma. It is one of the best fiction books I have read in decades.
Its fantasy sci/fi, and it incorporates pieces of almost everything you have ever read or watched.
My brain woke me at 2AM last night just to keep reading it.
Can't wait to get home and get back at it.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Map-Sky-ebook/dp/B0061PVQVU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1347986512&sr=8-2&keywords=map+of+the+sky

Replies

• Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I'll have to check that out. Huge sci-fi reader. Currently I am reading "The Red Prohpet" By Orson Scott Card (Tales of Alvin Maker II) and "Nefertiti: The book of the Dead" by Nick Drake. I love OSC and this is the second time reading, the other is ok so far, not sure if ILike the writing style.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I just finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn for my book club. It's a thriller/suspense. It wasn't bad but I was a little disappointed with the ending.

I'm currently reading Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness. Her first book, Discovery of Witches, was pretty good. The reviews for this book weren't that great but so far, I'm enjoying it. She gets kind of wordy with her discriptions but I can live with it. :smile: