Anybody ever had crushing, pressure feeling in chest?

Options
I recently started 2 fitness classes a day at the gym. I am in my 4th week and have had crushing pressure feelings in my chest 3x when laying down during intercourse. I am going to have it checked out with doctor. I don't get it? It doesn't happen during exertion with spinning or resistance training. Wondered if anyone else has had this? A little embarrassing but I am more worried than anything. I wear a heart rate monitor when I exercise and doesn't seem to be a problem. Maybe I should wear one during when I am in bed!?:embarassed:

Replies

• laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I think if I called my doctor's office and described that feeling in my chest they would tell me to go to the ER. I'd strongly recommend calling your doctor ASAP.
  • Amayrial
    Amayrial Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Do you have a hiatal hernia or reflux? if it happens when youre laying down that could be a cause. DEFINETLY talk to your doctor though!!
  • siriusalien
    Options
    ASAP to the doctor ! Not all cardiac symptoms manifest when actually under stress, but often when that complicated muscle is trying to relax. There may also be issues with the arteries leading into the heart. Please do be checked immediately
  • mdtuba5
    mdtuba5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It could be a million different things - from scary heart issues to a pulled muscle. Best way to go though is to get it checked out. Save yourself the worry.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Not to be insensitive but have you googled it? I asked one of the nurses I work with and she said she has no idea. BUT I was wondering if your hubby is a big guy? He could be shoving your insides up into your lungs when he's on top of you???????
  • ncseric
    ncseric Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    As a paramedic, I will tell you that we take any sort of chest pain very seriously. Women in general do not get the male symptoms of crushing chest pain, extreme sweating, and radiating pain down the arm. If you're having crushing chest pain, you need to get help immediately.

At a minimum, I would run a 12-lead EKG and get you to a specialized heart facility if there were any abnormalities. You should talk to your doctor or a cardiologist about getting a stress test done where they can monitor your heart under a workload, either via a chemical accelerant or on a treadmill depending on your condition. It could be angina, which is chest pain that relieves after rest, or it could be something more serious like blockage in a coronary artery. There's no telling without diagnostic tests.

Don't wait, do it today. Chest pain is serious business.
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    One of my employees had that feeling last week...she waited 4 hours to call 911 and then was rushed to the hospital.She had suffered a severe heart attack and damaged the front of her heart. Had to put three stints in her heart.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    1. Call doctor and get appointment right away if you are not experiencing symptoms right now.
    2. If you start experiencing those symptoms again, get to the ER. Better safe than sorry.
    3. Don't have intercourse until after you get seen by a doctor, and OK'd for that. Seriously.
    4. Don't use Google. If you absolutely must look up symptoms, use WebMD. Every article there has to be written, checked, and reverified by physicians.

Hopefully, it's nothing serious. Keep us posted!
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Absolutely get checked right away. Don't be wigged-out scared - it could be something simple, but you really need to know.

I dealt with nasty chest pain and rapid heartbeat issues for weeks. They checked everything, and finally a series of xrays showed a intra-chest muscle was spasming, putting pressure on an artery, blocking the flow of blood out of my heart. Icing the muscles and some muscle relaxers finally resolved it.
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    I woke one night with pain in my chest and called the NHS helpline. They said as a woman in my thirties it was unlikely to be a heart attack, but that anyone with chest pain should get to the hospital straight away to be checked out. They sent a taxi for me and I can happily report that I'd just pulled a muscle from swimming.

I'm sure yours will turn out to be something similar, but don't mess around on the internet, get to a hospital.

(The NHS rocks. We whinge about it, but seriously, in an emergency they are AWESOME)
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    I just looked at your profile and I see that you are 60 (you so don't look it!) - please, please get checked out immediately.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you haven't replied to anyone here because you are already at the hospital. Any kind of chest pain to that extent, especially at an older age, should be straight to the hospital or at the very least, calling an emergency help line.
  • ncseric
    ncseric Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Time = muscle when it comes to cardiac issues. Cardiac muscle is the one type of muscle in the body that does not regenerate. Once it's been damaged or killed, it's gone forever.
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    You gave me good reason to follow through. talked with my dr's nurse, who said if that happens again to go directly to ER. Ok, now I am on notice. Thanks to everybody, compliments and concerns, esp about Google -- totally agree. I just can't believe it, because I don't have pain with exercise. Off I go to talk with Dr. Thanks again, you are such nice people MFP!!!