snow shoving/House cleaning

Options
ltlhmom
ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
I'm not finding these under the Exercise in Cardiovascular. Not sure what the calories would be. Any suggests?

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about snow shoveling, but cleaning is listed in the exercises. Try just "cleaning" without "house."
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I'm not finding these under the Exercise in Cardiovascular. Not sure what the calories would be. Any suggests?

Here's a great site, (if you don't have a HRM to get an exact reading of what you're burning.) :smile:
    http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php
    Just figure out from your weight how much you'd burn in an hour and manually put it in your cardio exercise log. :wink:
  • mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Snow Shoveling is listed- I added it a few weeks ago-- LOL>.. but maybe I didn't put it under cardio?? (oops)

I was surprised at how great 30 minutes of shoveling was! I was so excited when I got to type in that I had done 1 1/2 hours total of good out of breath shoveling for the day =)
  • mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    It's in there under Cardio - unless when you add ones they only show up for you- and not for everyone like the food?

Anyways 30 minutes of snow shoveling burns 221 calories.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    It's in there under Cardio - unless when you add ones they only show up for you- and not for everyone like the food?

Anyways 30 minutes of snow shoveling burns 221 calories.

I think with exercises it only shows up for the person who added it, not like food.
  • jlmiccolo
    jlmiccolo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Someone had posted that snow shoveling as follows: 30 minutes of snow shoveling burns 221 calories. You can add it in manually for yourself. Housecleaning is under "cardio" and there are a couple to choose from. Let me know if you find it! Good luck. I'm logging my food and exercise!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I guess I just have to poke around a little bit more. LOL