My weight loss is at a stand still after twenty pounds...

Options

Replies

• 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Take a look at this thread. It will show you how to find how much you can eat and still lose weight. Less is not more when it comes to weight loss. Too few calories will stop your loss. If you need help doing the calculations PM me and I will help.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Eat more!
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Giving up pepsi is something you just have to do. You will suffer headaches but its worth it in the long run. Try to get your body used to flavored water, vitamin water, or low calorie gatorades.
    The headaches are probably due to loss of c affine. Add green tea to take the place of Pepsi.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I was eating around 900 a day..

There's your problem.. Unless you were on a medically supervised diet of some sort you are not eating enough. You need to do your calculations and eat what you need to eat - 1200 does not work for everyone. Read the information in the stickies at the top and follow them. You can also check http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ for a quick check on your BMR / TDEE

I'm doing my best to increase my daily calories. I've never been a breakfast person, so that hurt's me a lot there. I'm going to start drinking protein shakes for breakfast, I believe. We shall see how that goes...

Just add protein shakes to each meal to get the cals up.
    You burn about 2k a day as it is....maybe more?
  • mmmyotwnz
    mmmyotwnz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good grief I am in the same boat. At least on here we know we are not alone or epically failing at this.
    As much as I am working out and watching every single calorie/carb/sugar/sodium gram...it would be nice if my body finally agreed to let go of 'some issues' ha..
  • Kristy_Albritton
    Options
    I'm trying to eat more, every day. I'm going to start adding protein shakes tomorrow morning and hopefully that will get me to the calories that I need, per day. Thanks for the advice! :)

There's your problem.. Unless you were on a medically supervised diet of some sort you are not eating enough. You need to do your calculations and eat what you need to eat - 1200 does not work for everyone. Read the information in the stickies at the top and follow them. You can also check http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ for a quick check on your BMR / TDEE

I'm doing my best to increase my daily calories. I've never been a breakfast person, so that hurt's me a lot there. I'm going to start drinking protein shakes for breakfast, I believe. We shall see how that goes...

• Kristy_Albritton
    Options
    Why add peanut butter? Extra calories?
    I'm trying to eat more, every day. I'm going to start adding protein shakes tomorrow morning and hopefully that will get me to the calories that I need, per day. Thanks for the advice! :)

um i don't know what dan's intentions are, but I'd add some peanut butter to those protein shakes(assuming they're chocolate protein)
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs really fast. Then it stood still for 2 months, then dripped off like 2 lbs a month. It sucks! But oh well at least it's coming off.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You are probably gaining muscle but losing fat. Have you checked your body fat? Has it changed? How about your measurements? I'm 5'6" when I weighed 125 lbs I wore a size 8. When I weighed 145 lbs I wore a size 2. It just depends on how much fat is on your frame. At 145 I was all muscle (not muscular, but toned).
  • tnaqueen
    Options
    You go girl.... you can do this
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have hit one after 60 lbs. I lost 1.9lbs last month. I exercise every day. Never cheat, never go over. Just waiting for weight loss to pick up. Only have like 30 more to go.
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    After 25 pounds, my weight didn't budge for 5 weeks, either. Very discouraging. Then I really micromanaged myself and discovered I was not being completely honest with myself about little bites of stuff here and there. Vacation and being a little lax all contributed. The weight still doesn't drop as fast as it did the first few months, but at least it continues to drop. I'm averaging only 4 - 5# per month, but I'll take it!!
  • kvalmera
    kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration! I also have a LOT of weight to lose and I was stuck at 297 for 3 weeks and then when I started exercising more, I went up to 301 last week.... I up'd my calories and as of today I am 294.6! I realized I was eating too little calories (usually under 1500 a day) . Now I aim for 1800 min and a little more if I am working out.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I'm getting very frustrated. I'm dieting and have added exercise (walking) daily to my routine and I haven't lost any weight since the 7th of September. The last two weeks have been at a stand still. I've actually gained a couple of pounds. I'm getting very discouraged, but I don't want to stop!! Any suggestions? I need help!

Have you checked what you should be eating?
    http://calorieline.com/tools/tdee

Also, it's important to eat clean to achieve the results you want. I haven't looked at your journal/diary, but a lot can be said about certain overages. What I'm about to say is EccentricScience so decide for yourself if this will help. High sodium needs high potassium and water to offset it. High sugar/carb needs more intense work outs to burn it off. High protein needs more strength training to best utilize the aminos. High fat needs to be only the unsaturated fats if you are on a weight loss plan (no trans or saturated).

Saturated fat IS healthy. Of course, the quality matters such as factory farmed animals are not as healthy to eat as wild or free range animals. Coconut oil is healthy and saturated, so is butter. The public has been extremely mislead about fats... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why; just a little time and research.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I've been at a stand still since August 15th, plus or minus 5 pounds.

Don't give up! I haven't!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Giving up pepsi is something you just have to do. You will suffer headaches but its worth it in the long run. Try to get your body used to flavored water, vitamin water, or low calorie gatorades.

Give up Pepsi to drink Gatorade.. ??? Really? (does that "low calorie" Gatorade also have artificial sweetener???) To me, Pepsi and Gatorade are pretty much the same thing. I don't know about the flavoured waters, but I suspect plain water is better, and one can always add their own flavouring (lemon, lime, herbs). Or try iced herbal tea.

Or just keep drinking Pepsi, if that's what you really want to do; your choice! (I just couldn't keep my mouth shut when someone suggested something that's not better.)
  • Kristy_Albritton
    Options

Give up Pepsi to drink Gatorade.. ??? Really? (does that "low calorie" Gatorade also have artificial sweetener???) To me, Pepsi and Gatorade are pretty much the same thing. I don't know about the flavoured waters, but I suspect plain water is better, and one can always add their own flavouring (lemon, lime, herbs). Or try iced herbal tea.

Or just keep drinking Pepsi, if that's what you really want to do; your choice! (I just couldn't keep my mouth shut when someone suggested something that's not better.)

I don't drink pepsi! Someone else commented that they needed help with giving up the pepsi. Only plain water for me!! :)
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I also hit a big plateau (over a month) around 16 lbs. I changed several things to start losing again:

1. Increased calories from 1250 to at least 1530 (TDEE minus 20%)
    2. started weight lifting
    3. Started doing intervals instead of steady cardio (HIIT)
    4. Changed my diet from 10-15 percent protein to at least 25% ( my goal is 30% but that's hard for me to get to)

I'm not sure if any of those would be helpful for you, but if they are doable it's worth a shot! And congratulations on losing 20 lbs!
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    It seems like I hit a stall every 5-10 lbs and that's when my body changes the most. I just stick with everything and then I'll see a 2 or 3 lb loss the next week or so.
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I've never stalled. Just keep checking your TDEE and don't stop eating healthy.