Does anyone else plan their days in advance?

Options
I've noticed it's really effective in helping me stick to my calorie goal - when I wake up, I decide what I'm gonna eat, and log it, so I know what snacks and stuff I can have on top of my meals, anyone else do this?

Replies

• kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    It's not something I do everyday; however, if I know what I plan to have for dinner, or if I have a special meal planned, I will go ahead and log it, so I know how much I have left for the remainder of the day. It is especially helpful to log BEFORE going to a restaurant, so I don't overeat other meals, and so I stay within my plan when I get there. Usually, the thought of deleting all of those entries and entering new ones is enough incentive to stick with the plan.
  • wfte
    wfte Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I usually get to Thursday/Friday and then plan the whole of the next week from Sunday-Saturday. Helps keep me good and also helps food waste.
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I do for the most part. I always go in and alter, but it gives me an idea of what I'm dealing with for the day.
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! I usually know what I'm going to eat during a regular weekday so I log it. During my weekends I don't have access to a computer so I try and keep track on paper...it's not the same but I try! I find it helps keep me on track and gives me an idea of where I need to add/subtract calories, etc.
  • sherbear2678
    sherbear2678 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    yup - well dinner anyways I know the day before or sooner what we are having
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    90% of the time I do. Since upping my calories it helps so I don't end up short at the end of the day.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I try to pre-log it the night before. If I'm traveling and will be packing food to take with me, I plan all those days out in advance.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I definitely do. I practically plan my entire week in advance, since I go grocery shopping on Sundays. It's really helpful, plus it makes it so much easier in the evenings to just pack my lunch/snacks, and grab em in the morning before I head out for work. Takes a lot of the time/effort out of it during the week when I'm so busy.
  • LifeChangingExp8512
    Options
    Yes .. I pre-log. It works for me. Keeps me on track. (ok I TRY to stay on track)
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    I plan out my next day's meals at bed time each night. This way I can pack whatever I'm going to bring to work the night before and just grab it in the morning instead of stressing all day about what I'm going to eat.
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I plan my weeks in advance, I live with my parents and they are really disorganised as far as shopping goes and I got really sick of going to Asda 3 times a week so I decided to make a huge list of everything in the fridge, freezer and cupboards and use it all up first in pretty healthy ways then I made a meal plan about 10 days in advance so when we went shopping we only bought what we needed.

I dont really plan for calories and things I tend to get everything fresh apart from breakfast and the odd frozen chips so as long as you are careful cooking dry frying, roasting on a rack to get rid of grease, no butter and 1cal oil your usually fine :)
  • xxbookwormbabexx
    xxbookwormbabexx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Every night!! Then I make adjustments as the day goes.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    This is usually how I log, too. Then I can work in treats or whatever ahead of time and still stay reasonably within my calorie and macro goals :-)
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I prelog M-F, because it's so much easier. The weekends are different because my day is so structured, but i usually always have dinner planned and I'll work my other meals around it (and I usually wake up too late for breakfast).
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've noticed it's really effective in helping me stick to my calorie goal - when I wake up, I decide what I'm gonna eat, and log it, so I know what snacks and stuff I can have on top of my meals, anyone else do this?

Yep! That's what works best for me, not only for the reason you listed, but also because I can log it all in and if I'm over, I can look and see what needs to be removed BEFORE I eat it. That way, I know I'll have enough calories/food spread out throughout the whole day instead of running out half way through.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I plan a week ahead, helps me do my shopping, use up stuff that's in the house already and stay on track. The odd thing changes but generally I stick to it. I plan lunches and dinner. Breakfast and snacks I don't because it depends what I fancy.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Yep! Makes it a lot easier to have a balanced day at the right number of calories.
  • erinmick2
    erinmick2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I plan out my next day's meals at bed time each night. This way I can pack whatever I'm going to bring to work the night before and just grab it in the morning instead of stressing all day about what I'm going to eat.

Agreed! That and...

-It helps me make sure I eat all my perishables, too, so I don't waste any 'forgotten' food.
    -I always leave about 100 calories of wiggle room
    -Helps me stick to ordering healthy options at restaurants
  • mathteacher2010
    mathteacher2010 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I plan the night before; that way if I want a certain food for dinner, I can plan my day around it. I am trying to keep a certain percentage of carbs, protein, & fat; so I can't just grab my meals as I go. I don't plan as much on the weekends, as they tend to be more loosely structured.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    same here.