Just to share for inspiration to others

49 year old female 5' 6"
SW 206 lbs
CW 160 lbs
Goal 145

S size 18 and way too tight really needed next size up
C size 10 jeans just this weekend
Goal size 8

Eating as a vegetarian, very few processed foods, NO fast food. limited dairy.

The doctor told me yesterday. I no longer need Blood Pressure Medication. I have better than normal blood pressure! WHOOOHOOHOOO!
EAT THAT MENOPAUSE! :noway:

Next size 8 and wedding dress shopping! Stay tuned!

Replies

• DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am working towards that goal. Even with 20 lbs down, I can't stop taking mine yet.
  • jmuller06
    jmuller06 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great work! Congrats!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Brengild
    Options
    I ditched mine, and my cholesterol meds too. Yay for Omega-3s!
  • Jesi0725
    Jesi0725 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! My goal is to stop taking BP meds. I'm down 31 pounds, but I'm not sure when the right time is to talk to my doctor about it. Did you cut back gradually, or stop taking the meds all at once?
  • pennyknipprath
    pennyknipprath Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The first clue was when I was doing a very intense workout I got incredibly dizzy. Then I noticed all week occasional dizzy spells almost wanting to faint, after working out. Sometimes even when getting up to move into another room. I was curious if this had to do with my blood presure. Was it too high and the meds wern't controling it or is this a reaction to the meds? Friday I went to the store to get a reading and it was 98/68! Really low based on my history. I called the doctor and asked for an appointment Monday.

I took my meds Saturday, but decided Sunday was a low key day I would try skipping it. I did fine then Monday I didn't take it and stopped by the store to get a reading. Without and BP meds in over 48 hours it was still 106/72. I went to the doctor Monday as scheduled he confirmed the lower readings and did a bunch of neurological tests, balance, listened to my heart etc...

He said I did great and I was one of a small 10% who were able to reduce it to the point I could stop taking meds.

He did caution that I refrain from "intense exercise" for a month (walking, bicycling ok) and check my blood pressure several times a week to be sure it stays down.

I'm thrilled! I was so worried about my heart and getting healthy to live a long life for my daughter, future husband and myself.

Looking better
    Feeling better
    Inspiring others on MFP and at home & work
    Life is better everyday.

I really pray you sucessfully reach not only your weight goal, but send that grim reaper packin! :laugh:
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!
  • Zoot_suits
    Zoot_suits Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Great Going :)
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congrats...i know the feeling
  • ricky_j_b
    ricky_j_b Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! I am down to half my BP medication and soon to be none!!
  • Amerka
    Options
    Good to hear! I am off my BP, Cholesterol, C-PAP pressure has been reduced, Blood thinners lowered and another Medicine was reduced to a dose I haven't seen in over 30 years. FEELS GREAT!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BruhManFif
    BruhManFif Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is what it is all about, being healthy! That is a great accomplishment. I have lost mine the same way, no animal products and lots of whole, unprocessed food. It feels good!
  • Deisel1974
    Deisel1974 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! My goal is to stop taking BP meds. I'm down 31 pounds, but I'm not sure when the right time is to talk to my doctor about it. Did you cut back gradually, or stop taking the meds all at once?

Your local Walgreen's will check it for free to give you an idea of where you are at.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!

My goal is to be off them completely too. I was on three, now on one, and hoping I'll be able to drop that once I have hit normal weight range (still overweight but no longer obese).
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I'm heading in that direction too.
  • Sheers1964
    Sheers1964 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congratulations!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    AWESOME for you!! I started this journey to avoid medications and diabetes! Getting the thumbs up from the doctor is the BEST.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    One of best NSV's to date! Congratulations on an amazing accomplishment!
  • blueblood1
    blueblood1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You must be so proud of yourself! :flowerforyou: Sounds like your on the right track. Keep up the good work.
    May I add you as a friend? Please if you have time let me know....
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congratuations !! You can add me for support!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!