Recipes for a broke college kid!!! =)

Options
Hey I could use some yummy recipes that are pretty in-expensive.. considering i am on a budget=D

Replies

• anja1305
    anja1305 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey,

bagel pizzas: I use the bagel thins, they are tasty and less calories. Then you just buy the toppings you like.
  • michelledanny
    michelledanny Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Since you have bagel thins for pizzas - buy some deli meat or tuna or chicken and make sandwiches! can make breakfast sandwiches fairly cheap as well!
  • jtgilfoy
    jtgilfoy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Get a pressure cooker, make beans and rice. Spice it with whatever you like (I like cumin and chili powder). Cheap, nutritious, and fulling.
  • AimeeCu
    Options
    When I was in college I would make one big pot of something and eat on it through out the week. This is one of my favorite recipes and very filling. I'm obsessed with the broth so each time I remove a cup for a meal I add another cup of water and the flavors will enhance over night. I would say you can pull this off for around $10

Ingredients
    1 pound bulk Johnsonville® Ground Sausage
    2 cups water
    2 cups chopped cabbage
    1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained and cut up
    1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
    1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup
    1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
    In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, cabbage, tomatoes, broth and soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8 minutes. Stir in tortellini; cook 7-9 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).

Nutritional Facts
    1 cup equals 199 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 912 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
  • mwfatcakes
    Options
    Oooo! that sounds yummy! Thanks guys! =)