Replies

• Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    or the scale at my local Publix.

50515_242483187324_6718473_n.jpg
  • Coalforchristmas
    Options
    It's been a long long time since I took a biochem course but I think it gets used by the body to rebuild itself or fuel cells and the waste products from those reactions just pass through the body as fecal matter or pee. Basically the same place all the other stuff you eat goes it's just now your body is supplying some of the "food"
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Most simply stated, it is released as heat. You lose about 90% of all the energy you consume in the form of heat, and since nothing on our planet can eat heat, it is said to be "lost" to the trophic system (but not to the universe.)

When you eat food, 10% of it is stored (fat and body tissues that can be consumed by other organisms or used by your own body) and 90% flies off into the atmosphere. This is especially true of mammals who have to maintain their body heat as part of their homeostasis.

It's like a fire. A fire is an ionized gas or a plasma (blah, blah, blah) but what you are actually seeing and feeling is the release of the energy stored in the plant tissue (the wood.)

Hope this was somewhat helpful.

It does not come out in excrement. Unless you are talking about excess fat in the food that you ate.

So, what my husband tells me is true? I AM full of hot air?

Damn it. I hate it when he's right. :grumble:
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    Fat cells get ridiculed by the other cells for being fat and hides.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Fat cells get ridiculed by the other cells for being fat and hides.

I almost spit my water on this one! :laugh:
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Not to my flat *kitten*, that's for sure. :grumble:

I know how you feel!! It SUCKS!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    When you shower, they go down the drain... :bigsmile: :laugh:

Unless you use the shampoo that gives you more body. Be careful
  • anexus323
    Options
    You pee it out.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    it leaves the body when you exhale... the breath out contains more molecules than the breath in from ur body breaking its self down... think about when you sleep you are lighter in the morning than when u go to bed... u dont urinate or defecate while you sleep so how do you lose the weight? by simply just breathing the weight away 8 hours worth of breathing.. water from sweat is replaced when you drink more water.

thnk of ur body as a furnace, fire has energy being used and ur breath as the smoke being released.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Adipose

Looks like a cute pet ;) (for the Dr. Who fans)

Aww, cute!
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    The ying/yang balance of the universe dictates that when you lose a pound of fat, some poor soul walking around Wal-mart gains it!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    it leaves the body when you exhale... the breath out contains more molecules than the breath in from ur body breaking its self down... think about when you sleep you are lighter in the morning than when u go to bed... u dont urinate or defecate while you sleep so how do you lose the weight? by simply just breathing the weight away 8 hours worth of breathing.. water from sweat is replaced when you drink more water.

thnk of ur body as a furnace, fire has energy being used and ur breath as the smoke being released.

how do I breathe out fire? teach me?!
  • msacurrie
    msacurrie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Haha this is a good question and some interesting answers!