salad Dressing Ideas>>Need Sum

Options
kryssy77
kryssy77 Posts: 219
I Love Ranch!! Kraft Fat free although the sodium is high so i am looking for a new type of dressing maybe homemade! It has to be fairly low in cals because i use 3 to 5 tbsp on my big bowl of salad for lunch...Any ideas

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I make my own with the hidden valley ranch dry packets. I use non fat milk and low fat mayo. It tastes delish and it's super easy on the calories and fat.
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You can also mix the hidden valley packet with silken tofu in the blender. It does have a lttle different taste that might take some getting used to if you're not a fan of tofu... but it's much lower in calories that traditional ranch and has a lot of protein.
  • coopers3296
    Options
    Try red wine vinegar with a little salt and pepper. It gives the salad a good flavor and it is calorie free!
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I normally try and put things like tomatoes, Avocados, and other veggies that are a little juicy.. So, when it comes to dressing.. Lately I have been using seasoning out of the cupboard. McCormick makes a "Salad Seasoning" and there are many others. Mrs. Dash is always a good one and low sodium. I think I actually prefer not smothering my salad with a wet dressing and I can tastes all the wonderful fruits and veggies!
  • kryssy77
    Options
    I make my own with the hidden valley ranch dry packets. I use non fat milk and low fat mayo. It tastes delish and it's super easy on the calories and fat.

I may try this it sounds good im worried about sodium content??
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options

The packet only has 135mg of sodium per 2 tablespoons so I think you'll be okay on that.

It tastes WAAAAAY better than any ranch dressing in the bottle. I've tried a lot and I can't find any pre-made ranch that compares.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options

The packet only has 135mg of sodium per 2 tablespoons so I think you'll be okay on that.

It tastes WAAAAAY better than any ranch dressing in the bottle. I've tried a lot and I can't find any pre-made ranch that compares.

I mix the packet with greek style yogurt instead of the milk/mayo, even my husband loves it and will use it to dip veggies (and chips too)
  • kryssy77
    Options
    i dont like greek yogurt but i will have to get some and try it ...i eat salad everyday with turkey and cheese simple because im not a big veggie fan but i LOVE dressing and get carried away! i logged my food yesterday and almost went over my sodium because of that dressing lmao
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options

I mix the packet with greek style yogurt instead of the milk/mayo, even my husband loves it and will use it to dip veggies (and chips too)

That's a good idea to use the fage. Might have to try that.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I mix olive oil with a little balsimic vinegar, and add some spices. It tastes wonderful, and is super healthy for you! Sometimes, if I need a little extra taste, I sprinkle some crumbled feta on my salad. SOOOOO good. Also, Epicure has a ton of spices that make it easier :)