Looking older or younger, What's your experience?

Options

Replies

• Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    People think I look about 21.........I'm 21 :smokin:
  • farfoorah
    Options
    If it wasn't for my boobs, I think I'd get mistaken as an 11 year old...
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I am 40 and sometimes get ID'd when buying alcohol which the drinking age here is 19! Nice compliment but get annoyed because I know I don't look 19 anymore. People think I am between 30-35. I'd rather look younger than my age than older.
    you look great for your age.
  • jordalyssa94
    Options
    I am known for having a babyface. Forever 14 apparently
  • livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I look like a fetus and always have my ID ready.
  • Jelleebean
    Options
    i'm 39 in a few weeks, and still get carded. i looked 16 when i was 11, and stayed that way til i was in my late 20's. i say it wasn't until i turned 30 that i started looking like i was in my 20's. just the other day one of my customers said something about age. i said i was older than i looked, and he guessed 23.
    my grandmother will be 90 her next birthday, it's only been the last few years that she's started looking like she's in her 70's. gotta love great genes :drinker:
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I do get carded all the time which is ridiculous because you have to only be 18 to buy cigarettes. (yes I am evil smoker). Anyway my son is 21 and daughter is 18. Most people are shocked whe I tell them the age of my kids. I will be 40 in 7 days :( I was at the dr with my daugher last week and I got a hi five from the doc when she asked if I was really mom....my daugher promptly said she is almost 40.... I enjoy it while I can.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people think im younger than i am and they seem shocked when i say my age lol, though im no spring chicken like and dont think I look like one either. I notice some people just look older by the way the dress.
    The original poster does look about 16 lol.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    People have always told me I look older than I am... I liked it when I was a kid... not so much as an adult. lol
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    It is always nicer to think that you look younger than you think you look, but some of you certainly look your age. that is not being rude, but just that you look your age end of!

Why is is a big thing to look younger (this is aimed at the older people, that think they look younger) does it really matter??
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of place where it's mandatory they ID you. Even if you're 75 years old they're required to check your ID. So I don't think getting ID''d means you look young.

Like the whole point of the topic, people don't always look their age. Young people can look old...hence why they check IDs I'm assuming.
  • kfitzs
    kfitzs Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I always get mistaken for being younger then i am so i used to get upset when people mistook me as my nieces mum as that would have made me an 18yr old mum and i look younger still. and now im 24 and shes 5 people think she is my lil sister so its all good now :). And i enjoy being carded.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Younger, though I'm not carded much anymore :grumble:

I do enjoy seeing people's expressions when I tell them I'm a grandmother. :tongue:
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I pass for 40 easily, and I am 54. You'll be glad in about 30 years that you look younger.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I told someone I've known for a while that I was 40 and they burst out laughing because they thought I was 28. He might have been trying to get into my good books, mind. Then again, most people have been surprised when I tell them I am 40.
  • killingtheantagonist
    Options
    People this my 13 year old sister are older than me.
    I drove to the store and they didn't think I was old enough to drive yet.
    They thought SHE drove ME there.
    I'm 21 and it's pretty annoying.
    >.<
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    People usually guess me younger but whether that's my looks or a general lack of decorum or someone just trying to be polite and play it safe - I don't know. I don't want to know. I did get carded a couple years ago - that was a banner day.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 22 in december and I'm constantly asked if I go to the local public regional high school, when I graduated in 08 / 09... and they think I'm lying when I say "If I went to college, I would have been class '12 / '13"
  • m13sam2012
    Options
    No one ever believes I'm 36!!! yayyyyyyyyyy!:drinker:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I hate looking ridiculously young. It makes it that much harder to be taken seriously when dealing with my daughter's school stuff. I was once mistaken for an 8th grader. (granted, 1/2 was my fault for wearing a 15 yr old backpack, but I was in DC and I didn't want my stuff stolen. it's my "don't bother mugging me, I'm a poor student" backpack.) i was 34'ish. My husband doesn't understand why I hate being carded "take it as a compliment" hello?! It's frustrating to have to dig it out when there is a new bouncer! Especially in the winter. (I usually have it ready then.)

however, I don't want to look old, either.