Music

Options
I know this gets asked a lot on here but I have done my research and looked at all the past posts about music and taken all the song suggestions that I like from those posts. I want to add even more songs to my mp3 player. Music is the number one thing that helps keep me motivated and gets me going. So please list your favorite song/songs that really motivate you, get you going, pump you up and help you along your fitness journey.

Replies

• sarahruizfitnessjourney
    Options
    Anyone?
  • MCMHawk
    Options
    Two of my favorite songs to exercise to are:

"Elevate" by Big Time Rush it just pushes me to keep going. "Elevate a little higher!"
    They actually have a lot of uptempo songs that really great for working out.

"Definition of Me" by Mandisa It's upbeat and fun! (She's a Christian artist who is on her own weight loss journey.)
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Here's a few of my favs -

RIght Now by Van Halen
    What Doesnt' Kill You by Kelly Clarkson
    Give it to me by Justin Timberlake
    Shawty Get Loose by Chris Brown & T Pain
    Push It by Salt N Pepa
  • marybell82
    marybell82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I use the FitRadio app on my phone and it has songs already mixed to keep u pumped up and on the move.
    you can choose your style from: Top 40, Hip hop, party, Electro, trance, indie, dubstep, house, hard rock, alt rock, indie rock, classic rock, poolside rock. .. you can also choose based on your style to dj...

i found the app through Janelle Summers.... she's Chalene Johnson's sister and was also in the her Turbo Jam video for beach body..... i love it! =)
  • teejamajay2
    teejamajay2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well this will age me but I love disco cuz of the upbeat feeling and GREAT beat for ellipt and bike, as well as free wts. I loaded up my ipod shuffle and disco away - the only hazzard is that I want to sing at the gym but I work so hard that I cant sing but I do "mouth" the words!! LOL!!!
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions. =) Going to be adding the ones that were suggested that I didn't already have.
  • stephalvarez5
    stephalvarez5 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i listen to a lot of aggressive music. it gets you pumped and in the zone!

get your body beat - combichrist
    fitter then you - pzychob*tch
    du hast - rammstein
    let your body learn - nitzer ebb
    murderous - nitzer ebb
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I love to listen to Rush when I run, because I like to drum along to take my mind off the running.

Tom Sawyer, Closer to the Heart, Subdivisions and I really like 2112 because its over 20 mins long I challenge my self notto stop running during the song.
    Options
    Great suggestions stephalvarez5, some of those I have and some I don't which I'm surprised because I also like to listen to a lot of aggressive music because it does get me pumped! Going to be adding the ones I don't have. Also thanks for the suggestions McBully4 I am also a runner and like to listen to songs that get me to drum, guitar or even sing along. I will have to listen to the songs you suggested and add them to my list. Thanks again everyone.
  • 65Fa5tback
    Options
    i listen to a lot of aggressive music. it gets you pumped and in the zone!

get your body beat - combichrist
    fitter then you - pzychob*tch
    du hast - rammstein
    let your body learn - nitzer ebb
    murderous - nitzer ebb

Of course Steph, had to throw in the Ebb!!