I could use some inspiration!

Options
Hi guys,

I've been using the app for quite a while, but never consistently. After a motorcycle accident back in May I decided it was time to turn my life around, and finally achieve my goals. I started off at 217 which was my all time heaviest, and now I'm down to 190. I thought it would be helpful to have some friends to hold me accountable, and to hold accountable myself, we all need some encouragement sometimes.

A little bit about me: I'm 26 years old, married, live in the Bay Area in California. I like to go hiking (a big motivator for weight loss is to go on a backpacking trip), explore new places, and check out new museums and the like (what up California Academy of Sciences!).

I look forward to meeting you all, and keep up the good work!

-John

Replies

• LisaY76
    LisaY76 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You should take the hike up to the top of Mt. Livermore on Angel Island in th SF Bay. I took that hike with my 11 year old son back in December 2011 and it's what motivated me to get in shape. I was huffing and puffing half way up. I finally made it to the top but only because I didn't want to let my son down. The view from the top is sooo woth it. I have since taken that same hike and it seemed a whole lot easier now that I have dropped some weight and have been exercising to build my strength. YOU GOT THIS!!!

When think about giving in and giving up on this journey, think about why you started it in the first place.
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. I keep myself motivated by setting new goals when I’ve reached one. I use to weigh 350lbs now I am at 171lbs still pushing hard so I can totally relate. So keep on pushing yourself. If you need an extra buddy feel free to add me :)

Nadia