Weight Watchers points equal how many calories?

Options
I know that some where on this site someone has answered this question, however I do not know where it is posted.

I had 26 points per day, and 49 weekly points (which I never used), and wordering since I changed to MFP how those points compute to calories.

Thanks so much to anyone who answers, and good luck to everyone! :)

Replies

• Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I think about 50, but fiber and fat can affect the points (more fat = more points, more fiber = less points).
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Approximately 40, but you really can't go by that because they base their points on more than just calories.
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    There is a Group for Weight Watchers on this site. There are current discussions going on right now about your same concern.
    Click on Groups, Type in Weight Watchers; you'll find it....some say 1400 cals =29points. But don't hold it against me if I'm wrong.

Best wishes.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Log 29 points worth of food in MFP
    Take the total calories and divide by 29
    profit
  • dlpoisson
    dlpoisson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Don't forget, WW doesn't count points on fruit and veggies, where calorie counters do count calories in all foods. If you eat 2 bananas on WW for zero points, that's about 200 calories on here.
  • iluvco3
    iluvco3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am a lifetime WW member, but I no longer count points. I use only MFP. Once I hit my WW goal and decided to try for my personal goal, every little thing started to matter. For me (and I am not a fruit lover - have 1/day), 26 points ranged from 1250 calories to about 1450. I need to keep a closer watch on things since my losses are small and very slow.

I still weigh in at least once/month and stay for the meetings.
  • bizorra
    bizorra Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    As a rule of thumb I went by 50cap = 1pt; round down if high in protein/fibre; round up if its high in fat/simple carbs.

The formula for the old points system was fairly straightforward, you can google it.

I think the points+ allowance assumes 2-3 servings of fruit a day.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    It's completely variable!

For me, 26 points turned out to be 1000-1100 calories a day and that included my fruits and veggies. It also was about 15 measley grams of fat per day.

I started doing it the other way around - eating at least my BMR in calories and logging on both places and if I met my macros here, it was about 45 WW Points+ per day.

That is still within their guidelines, as it was every one of my daily, weekly, and activity points, but I was shocked to see how low in calories, fat, and protein I was eating.

That's not for me anymore. I get into too much of a mindset to find lower point foods, regardless of my body's needs.

1 cup of 1% milk = 100 calories and 3 WW points, but 100 calories of their little cracker packs = 2 points? Yuck.

And I've said it before - - - don't even get me started on my rant about a small glass of wine being 4 points! :mad:
  • Skylooker
    Options
    A good estimate is 40. Use that when dividing in your head. 39 is more accurate. Use that with a calculator. You can verify this by pulling 20 Smart Ones meals off the shelves, then divide total Calories by total points. Enjoy and share.
  • Skylooker
    Options
    The comment about 1400 Cal being 29 points assumes the 49 weekly points are included. So you have 29 plus 49/7, or 29 plus 7 = 36. Then 36 points x 39 Calories = 1404 Calories. The comments about 50 Calories per point refer to the total Calories you can have each day, including fruits and veggies. Use that only when you are trying to figure total allowable Calories when comparing WW to other nutrition plans.
  • rcc90
    rcc90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No wonder I starved on that plan!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    You starved on 1440 plus unlimited produce plus activity points? You can't be very big or male or you'd have more points. How much do you eat now?
  • JourneyToGoal
    Options
    I have loss 63 lbs on WW..but since I join gym starting to gain a little.Did this happen to you..?