Best & Most Unique ICE CREAM flavor you've ever had!

Options

Replies

• gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I love Ben & Jerry's everything but
  • lukeevans85
    lukeevans85 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Best: Bacon Maple Crack from Cupcake Royale in Bellevue, WA
    Most Unique: Honey Lavender from Pike Place Market in Seattle, WA
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Earl Grey Sriacha, Little Baby's ice cream in Philadelphia.
  • sreimer07
    sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I've had yam flavored ice cream. Surprisingly it wasn't too bad. But my favorite is the skinny cow vanilla ice cream sandwiches
  • lukeevans85
    lukeevans85 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Best: Bacon Maple Crack from Cupcake Royale in Bellevue, WA
    Most Unique: Honey Lavender from Pike Place Market in Seattle, WA

Missed a word there.

Correction *WHISKEY Bacon Maple Crack*
  • PaleoRDH
    Options
    the garlic ice cream at The Stinking Rose in San Francisco is AMAZING! you really need to try it! here in AZ there's a gelato shop that makes lemon basil, it's so good!!! and their fig is too........... but the garlic is the most unique..........
  • bhawk82
    bhawk82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Birthday cake icecream was probably the best unique icecream I've tried. I'm picky about what I eat, so it's rare that I stray from my two favorites:mint chocolate chip & chocolate peanut butter.
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Best: I'm a fan of just about any type of soft serve frozen yogurt.
    Most Unique: Green-tea ice cream at Soy Noodle House in Augusta, GA.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    when i was 18, i worked in a local ice cream shop in a SMALL town..we had a man come in every month to make our own ice cream, and we got to pick what kinds he made..my favorite were root beer, and cherry cheesecake..tasted like the real things..there was a bar across the street, so the workers would come in and order vanilla, because the patrons would actually ASK for beer floats
  • Italianbirdbath
    Options
    Ginger Caramel and Thai Iced Tea, both delish refreshing and not too sweet.
  • dkkwilson
    dkkwilson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I used to love rootbeer oreo shakes from the Iceberg in Utah growing up. Sounds like a nasty combo, but I loved it. My favorite hands down is Ameri-Cone Dream (Ben and Jerry's), but I also couldn't eat enough of Trader Joe's vanilla with Trader Joe's caramel sauce. Both are worth every calorie. I am also a huge fan of Walgreen's mint chip and cookies and cream . . . cheep, but taste great.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Fireweed and honey from a little Ma and Pop homemade ice cream stand at the base of a trail head.

I knew you must be from Alaska when you posted this. I grew up in Anchorage, but I've never had fireweed ice cream. How was it?

Weirdest I've had was Ben and Jerrys "Late night snack", it's a vanilla ice cream base with caramel swirls and chocolate-covered potato chip clusters. It has that salty sweet taste I really like and it was actually really good.

ETA: I also had Guinness ice cream at a little Irish pub in Austin, TX which was really good.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    i've had Lavender gelato at Famoso. it was pretty interesting.

my favorite is birthday cake from Marble Slab...without added toppings.

haagen daaz peanut butter chocolate is unbelievable as well and at 380 calories for 1/2 a cup it's so low calorie. :bigsmile:
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    There's an ice cream shop here in CT that sells Guinness ice cream. It's pretty good.

I actually prefer floats made with Guinness or oatmeal stout and a good vanilla ice cream though!
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    The 'Three Twins' brand ice cream is really good. They have a 'Cardamom' flavor which isn't too bad. I've tried 'Rose' flavored ice cream at an ice cream shop, and it's 'Rose' like in the flower. I didn't like it at all!
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Best: sea salt caramel gelato from a Dallas dessert shop called Chocolate Secrets

Most unique: High Road's mango chili lime sorbet. It's really spicy!

...close enough to ice cream?
  • LilEmm
    LilEmm Posts: 240
    Options
    it was a popsicle, but it was sweet potato & thai iced tea.
    close second - strawberry lemonade basil
    both by the "Fat Face" popsicle truck in San Francisco & Sacramento.
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    Favorite: Chocolate & Black Walnut

Unique: Blueberry pie -- really good, has whole blueberries and chunks of crust
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I love Bella Sorbet Blackberry Cabernet
    My newest favorite is Klondike Caramel Pretzel bar.....little salty, little sweet.

Haven't tried anything weird but might need to start exploring!!!
  • Tanig32
    Tanig32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Cicada Ice Cream