Need subject material

Options
Hello! I have a problem. I'm sort of at a slump. I teach a nutritional/fitness/motivational class at my church. So far we have discussed what your diet should look like, we have discussed the importance of water, nutritional labels and we even made smoothies last week!
I need help though....I need some subject material for ideas on what to teach everyone. So the question...

If you were taking a nutritional class, what subject would you want the teacher to teach you about?

(Please keep in mind that I have a wide range of ages in this group; all ladies)

Thank you

Replies

• kenjancef
    kenjancef Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    How about something I've discovered, and maybe you have too: Thinking about what to order when eating out, sort-of like a "Eat This, Not That" kind of thing. Like when I first started MFP, I almost dropped when I found out that a simple hamburger was an average of about 1,400 calories and about 75 grams of fat, but eating a 6-8 ounce steak, veggies and a salad was about 700 calories and maybe 18 grams of fat. Not exact numbers, but I think you know what I mean. For me it just came down to smart choices, and I don't think people realize what's actually in the food they eat.

Hope that helps...