WAY too many calories!!

Options
I got stuck in a corporate lunch at work today. It was catered in, I was expected to join, so I did. I made the best choices I could and still ended up having a 1430 calorie lunch! I had of course already eaten breakfast, and now I'm starving. Since I'm over 600 calories over for the day, it looks like I'm having a cucumber for dinner.
I really was on track to see another loss this week. It's very disappointing. :(

Replies

• stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Well you took some in...go expend some ;)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    One day is not going to mess up your progress, seriously.
    Plenty of people have a cheat meal a week and end up over, and still continue to lose weight. Some even find they lose more after doing this.
    If you are that worried, just have a healthy dinner(if you go hungry you will only be more likely to overeat again tomorrow), and shave a little off your daily intake for the next 5-6 days to balance it out, or do some extra exercise.
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    my calorie intake is set to 2100 and i still lose weight

youll be fine
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options

what he said :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Breathe.

You have already set a calorie deficit here if you are trying to lose weight. Today will not affect your weight loss....you may maintain. Just get right back at it tomorrow.
    This whole process is mostly about a consistent pattern of behaviors over time. You're fine.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Learn from your mistake and move on. If you're still hungry for dinner, eat something light (but you can have more than a cucumber) and restart tomorrow. Restricting after binging isn't the best plan, one single big meal or day won't kill you, it probably won't even hinder your progress. Just use it as a learning experience for how to make better choices the next time.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the leptin response and possible fat loss acceleration that accompanies it.
  • AustinMcKenna1030
    Options
    This should be about changing your lifestyle not just today. One day isn't going to make or break you, it's what you do over time that is going to make a difference. Shake it off and do better tomorrow. Don't let it keep you down. ;)
  • stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    3550 calories is a pound...essentially you have to take in 3550 more than you expend to gain a lb...and have a deficiency of 3550 to lose....remember sugar is the enemy and carbs need to stay low. massive weight gain wont happen overnight...it takes time...however you may have water weight (or waste)
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    Take a walk and don't worry about it. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • fairygirl68
    fairygirl68 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good advice from you all. I was all over the building today (including taking the stairs) so I'm sure that helped. I was wiped out tonight but still took the dog for about a 20 minute walk.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Calories! Yum! I love them, they give me energy and help my body when I exercise.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water. Your body can't absorb that all at once. You'll be okay. Eat dinner and start again tomorrow.

Good luck!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

ditto
  • cwmw
    cwmw Posts: 30
    Options
    I got stuck in a corporate lunch at work today. It was catered in, I was expected to join, so I did. I made the best choices I could and still ended up having a 1430 calorie lunch! I had of course already eaten breakfast, and now I'm starving. Since I'm over 600 calories over for the day, it looks like I'm having a cucumber for dinner.
    I really was on track to see another loss this week. It's very disappointing. :(

What was in that corporate lunch o.O?
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    What was in that corporate lunch o.O?

yeah..really!....where can i get an application..hehehe