Hi I am new ! 20 years old, 30 lbs. to lose !

shanynrae
shanynrae Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I just turned twenty & I am looking for a few friends on here with the same goals. This is not a new years resolution, I have been gearing towards this for some time. I am hopefully starting college in september & I am terrified of the freshman 15, I want to start a healthy lifestyle that will carry on into the future. Any tips & tricks are welcome !

Replies

• amathus
    amathus Posts: 49 Member
    Welcome! This website is a godsend, trust me. The one tip I can think of right now is to plan out ahead of time when you're going out to eat. Decide ahead of time what restaurant you're going to, get on their website and find out the calorie content. I've been completely shocked to learn that some of my favorite things are now off limits because they have, in one case, 1700 calories per order.

Oh, also, don't let your friends make you eat more than your limit. It's really hard to watch your calories when you're eating with people who aren't dieting. It's almost like they're trying to sabotage you (although I doubt they truly are).

You should see if you can find a workout buddy at your school. Maybe someone in your first class of the day, who might want to meet up with you before class.

Good luck with everything.
This discussion has been closed.