Any single moms out there trying to get healthy?

Options
OK, I am not good at sharing, blogging, etc. but I need to do something! I have 2 daughters that are starting their teens. They get tons of exercise right now but I am not a good role model anymore for that. I now rarely exercise and I need to get restarted! I would love to have some friends trying to do the same! I love to cook healthy foods but need to get back into that too! If you have any tips, please reply!

Replies

• lbweems
    lbweems Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a new single mom! I have a little 7 month old baby girl. :) I, like you, used to be extremely active and healthy. Now... not so much! Infants take so much out of you! I am working on eating healthier and working out on a regular basis (but I am having to find work outs that my baby can do with me--like bike riding and swimming!) I also have a lot of baby weight that needs to disappear asap ;)
  • dmadden3168
    dmadden3168 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We can do this! Your daughter is beautiful and lucky to have a mom that wants to get healthy!
  • TamiAnnie
    TamiAnnie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    single mom of 4
  • ldonohue14
    Options
    I'm what i call a part time single mom! im still with my little boys father but he goes to college and hour away and can only come home on weekends! my little boys almost three and pretty active but i want to tone up my abs and lose about 15lbs! lets do this ladies :)
  • nicdilor
    Options
    Hi girls!!! I know the feeling, we are so lucky to have beautiful kids that are healthy, lets do this for them and for ourselves, to be around longer and live happier lives :)
  • lbweems
    lbweems Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We can do this! Your daughter is beautiful and lucky to have a mom that wants to get healthy!

Thanks so much! Yes we can!! :D
  • ww1981
    ww1981 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm a single mom of 2 boys... It's hard to find time to work out, so we've started playing kickball after dinner. Fun for them (and me) and I feel like I did something each night. Nice to hear what others do!! =)
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am a single mom to a giant teenage boy who is not even slightly active. I am finding it hard to motivate him to get moving and to eat the healthier options in the house (and then complains that there's nothing to eat because there aren't very many crappy snacks).

Feel free to add me :)
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom with a 4-year-old boy! Baby weight is so hard to get rid of!
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Single mom of 2 boys! I have a 12 year old in 7th Grade and a 9 year old in 4th grade.
  • arosethorn
    arosethorn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 5 kids! I just started dieting a week ago! I also want to eat healthier and exercise more so I can be healthier and set a better example for my kids. My youngest is 5 months! I'm trying to lose the weight I had gained during my pregnancy. I especially want a flat tummy again!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Hi... single mom with 2 daughters. I've lost 80 lbs or so in the last 18 months while working full-time and earning a bachelor's degree. I know it seems like you don't have time to workout, but you have to make the time. You have to remember that you are just as important as your kids or your boss or anyone else in your life. You have to make yourself a priority. Feel free to add me if you like. Best of luck!
  • LilacDaffodil
    LilacDaffodil Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a single mum to my 17yo boy. I assigned him the task of being my personal trainer. He went from being locked in his room with his Xbox to drill sergeant overnight! :laugh: only lasts for a week or so, but as soon as I say he's failing in his duties he's off again. It's really difficult not to fall about laughing when he joins me doing star jumps when he's got his punk regalia on and pink mohawk up :laugh:

483257_208361319292079_919849429_n.jpg
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Single mum for the past 12 years to my 3 children (21, 20, 13), wouldn't have it any other way anymore lol. We single mums rock!
  • Night_Owl77
    Options
    Single mum of two young boys - always love a bit of motivation from and to also help other single yummy mummy's! :) We can all do this. :)
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Single mom of a beautiful 3 month old girl. I am breastfeeding so i have to carefully watch my diet and my weight loss but i am trying to get back to working out regularly. We mamas are the strongest people out there so lets get this done! For ourselves first off and to set a good example for our kids.
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Single Mom to 2 little girls, 2 & 4. I have been at the weight loss game since January (not the first time) I've lost 31 pounds in that time, have about 12 to go. I find that consistency is key, if you have a bad food day or two that's okay just get back at it. I do a lot of workout dvd's because it's hard to get out of the house. I do however get a babysitter once a week so I can do an activity, right now I'm doing Roller Derby, in the summer it was fastball.
    Skinnytaste.com is my favourite website, I haven't tried a recipe that I didn't like! :)
  • bes169
    bes169 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, mother of 3 here. I try to cook dinner every single night. The key work hear is try. :) My kids at this time are 15, 17 and a 20 year old in college. I based my meals on who is going to be home and if I am exhausted or not. I make sure we have a garden salad with their choice of dressing, carb and meat or fish. If its busy and crazy I like to whip up something quick. Here is one of my favorites. I brown ground meat, add taco seasoning. Buy the big tortillas, add a leave of romaine lettuce, add whip cream, mexican cheese, and I heat it up on the panini maker. It's quick and delicious.
  • jeleda913
    Options
    I am a single mom to a giant teenage boy who is not even slightly active. I am finding it hard to motivate him to get moving and to eat the healthier options in the house (and then complains that there's nothing to eat because there aren't very many crappy snacks).

Feel free to add me :)

I'm lucky that way. My son (10 years old) is VERY active, actually likes his veggies, and has been a great exercise buddy for me. :smile:
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    Single mom of 3 here. Feel free to add me.