Post Babies Belly

Options
I am 5'6'' and 143 lb. my goal is 135, but I do not think my stomach will lose its jiggle. I stick to my calorie count and do cardio some, but no weights right now. Anyone have experience with tightening tummy skin with ab work or weights?

Replies

• kat2475
    kat2475 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm battling the same thing along with my abdominal muscles that will never be the same. I'll be curious to see if anyone can offer any help.
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I *think* your tummy will never be the same (depends on your body, heredity, etc) but not sure...your muscles should recover unless you had major diastis (sp?) or something. I know I got HUGE with my babies (4 of them...and some pretty big babies too) and my muscles are pretty darn good! BUT (big but here)....I have tons of "jiggle" on top of them. :/ Very frustrating.

(btw, I don't actually have "tons" LOL, just about 20 lbs ;) )
  • baoneill29
    baoneill29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options

btw, I don't actually have "tons" LOL, just about 20 lbs ;) )

lol
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Sorry if that sounded all crazy and disjointed. I also have mommy-brain to go with my mommy belly! lol
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hmm. My ab muscles are pretty tight now, but I still have a lot of weight to lose (30#) so they remain in hiding, and I'm not sure how they will look when they are revealed. I am 5'7" and 162 lbs with an eventual goal weight of 135. I did the 200 sit up challenge and 30 day shred and I take a boxing class, all of those have helped tighten up the muscles. Boxing is especially good because it really toughens up your core.
  • apeecaleb
    apeecaleb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Same here....I have my stomach pretty flat after both my boys but I was huge wth boy pregnancies and all the loose skin doesn't seem to be going anywhere. It tightened some but I just don't think you can do much about it. I would appreciate any suggestions also!
  • baoneill29
    baoneill29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think that with the right cardio you can lose post baby belly. Maybe trying high intensity interval training for cardio like TurboFire or Insanity? There are some great before and after pics to prove they work!
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    lift heavy. (<~~That's what i hear anyway, i just started!) but really, i've lost the weight i wanna lose now, down 50lbs, and have started to notice i'm tightening up. it's a long slow process, just give it time.
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Sorry if that sounded all crazy and disjointed. I also have mommy-brain to go with my mommy belly! lol

MOMMY BRAIN!!!!!

OMG.

It owns my decision-making process.

This is bad. And involves eating pie.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    There are many women on here that have had great results, hopefully some of them will see this.
    I'm not sure how mine will turn out yet, im also 5'6'' and at 150lbs currently. I got huge with my babies, and they were both 8.5lbers. Its mostly really wrinkly... lol. but I do still have a lot of fat in that area, retaining it all there. Once I get to 140, i'll re-evaluate. but right now I do cardio and some strength training, which is mostly bodyweight exercises, and having good results with that. I do want to start lifting heavy though.
  • sadein
    Options
    I did a lot of ab exercises and my flat stomach returned. However, the skin never tightened completely but it really wasn't noticeable. I didn't get my 26 inch waist back though. But, it didn't matter, I was having too much fun being a mom.
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Just another mom chiming in with the baby pooch. Its gone way down now (6mo pp), but I still have a bit I'd love to be rid of.
    I got huge with my daughter. I'm 5' tall, and I ended up measuring 56" around the night I went in to be induced.
  • asand108
    asand108 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had a baby 2 years ago, and now have no excuse for hanging onto this extra belly. I still feel like I look 5-6 months pregnant. Gross! I agree with others that every body type is different - yes certain exercise regimens may help more, but some people just carry it there. I think I am one of them. I have always been self-conscious of my belly region and I don't think that'll ever go away. I'm 5'2 and right now 150. I'd like to see 130 or 125, I'd be happy with that. I would really like to have another baby so I'm hoping to reach this goal before that happens again. Right now I am just working on changing my eating habits mostly, and then slowly working in the exercise stuff. It's so neat to see all the progress people are making. In the past I've only lost at most 5 lbs here and there, so I'm hoping to see some numbers in the double digits in a couple months. Any advice on easy, short interval workouts is great! Thanks!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if exercise directly tighten skin. My belly skin started tightening up when I lost some jiggle. I do HIIT interval of full body and plyo exercise with weights when possible (check out bodyrock.tv or Zuzanna on YouTube), and weight lifting (currently doing stronglift 5x5). My belly skin still sags a little bit when sitting, in plank position or bend over, but it looks fine standing up.
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I had twins the first time and an almost 9 pounder the second time.

My stomach has not and never will be the same.

But i have three amazing kids.

When I am thin, my stomach is better, but my bikini days are way behind me, and that's okay.