FitBit?

Options
I just got a FitBit and was wondering what other people's experience with it has been. How accurate do you think it is? Do you eat back all of the calories it says you burned? Any information would be appreciated!

Replies

• chickenz
    chickenz Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I see people on this board really like it but I personally feel it is not accurate, I felt it overestimated calories burned
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I really love my Fitbit, but I use it to track how many steps I take, miles walked, and stairs. Some days the calorie count seems high and other days on the low side, but I log my exercise on MFP and not Fitbit. One great thing the Fitbit has helped me with is to see how acitive I am. The graphs will tell you just how active you are and you may be surprised. I thought I was "lightly active" and found out I wasn't even that.

It is a great motivation tool.
  • mcwicker
    mcwicker Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I really love my Fitbit, but I use it to track how many steps I take, miles walked, and stairs. Some days the calorie count seems high and other days on the low side, but I log my exercise on MFP and not Fitbit. One great thing the Fitbit has helped me with is to see how acitive I am. The graphs will tell you just how active you are and you may be surprised. I thought I was "lightly active" and found out I wasn't even that.

So you don't have fitbit automatically log in your exercise on MFP? I noticed that when my fitbit logged my exercise into MFP, it logged it way lower than my app originally told me...
  • SJCon
    SJCon Posts: 224
    Options

So you don't have fitbit automatically log in your exercise on MFP? I noticed that when my fitbit logged my exercise into MFP, it logged it way lower than my app originally told me...

Your should enter both food and exercise into MFP if your syncing to fitbit or it will get funky.
  • mcwicker
    mcwicker Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Your should enter both food and exercise into MFP if your syncing to fitbit or it will get funky.

I just did, but I also noticed that Fitbit logged an "adjusted" exercise into MFP for me... is that normal?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Here is the fitbit group on MFP to check out...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users

I've only been using mine a couple of weeks so I can't really give advice yet.
  • SJCon
    SJCon Posts: 224
    Options

I just did, but I also noticed that Fitbit logged an "adjusted" exercise into MFP for me... is that normal?

yes it is and depending how you have you food goal set it can be based on history or not, but it will change as time goes by so be carefull if you plan on eating to it.