Getting In Enough Calories

Options
I know I just joined, so I'm not concerned whether I have lost weight yet. My concern is that I can't consume all the calories MFP has calculated for me to lose weight. I know I'm a chunky girl, and I've always had a hateful relationship with food, but I still have over 500 calories to consume today, and I just don't know how to do it. I know, I know, people would probably think I'd be complaining that I don't get enough calories. I feel like I should just run to McDonalds and get a burger to satisfy it (which I won't do). I'm not hungry, and in fact, I feel guilty for eating so much, but I'm really giving this a try to see how much I should be eating. Anyway, any advice would be great!

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Two slices of toast with butter or toast and oj will do it.
  • Ninjajenna
    Ninjajenna Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Two slices of toast with butter or toast and oj will do it.
    Thanks! I'm so used to buying TV dinners and making sure they are under 300 calories that this is all a bit overwhelming.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I know. When I need a bunch of calories I think of the things I've stopped eating and just eat them.

A cup of rice or lentils or anything with butter or oil can hit 300-500 calories.
  • Ninjajenna
    Ninjajenna Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm still definitely in a Weight Watchers mode (not to say it isn't amazing for some people), but my goal was to find the lowest "point" food possible. I have been following that mentality with tracking my eating on MFP, and I'm learning that I'm missing a lot of nutrients. I couldn't even tell you the last time I bought a box of rice for my house. Juice? Out of the question!!! I think this is going to be an interesting journey to see what my body really needs.