Any allowance for cold weather?

Options
I work in an office that is cold and damp (less than 65F) and I walk to and from work for another 20 minutes and walk 45 minutes for exercise. Today in the rain. My bedroom has little heat (less 50F at night).

It's been chilly here for the last five days and after 5 months of doing just fine and having a hard time just eating what I am supposed to all of a sudden I am STARVING! Not just peckish hungry, but the lightheaded with headache I have definitely not eaten enough kind of hunger that's not so much in your stomach but your body just telling you it needs calories.

I did, of course, eat something, get warm after my cold wet walk, and am still just under my calories. But I'm wondering about my calorie alottment. It has been just fine all summer, but I'm worried it will be too little in the winter in the cold. Any thoughts? I don't want to just randomly up it and stop losing. I could, though, move myself from sedentary into lightly active or something. I'm 5'10", 168, 53, female, have lost 20 pounds, and hope to get down to 150. I'm currently at 1310 calories and that has always been just fine.

Advice anyone?

Replies

• GeekyGoddess
    Options
    Maybe I'm just used to colder ambient temps being from Alaska, but 50 degrees isn't that cold...

Are you getting sick?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm sick.

We are at a seasonal change and, although I have layers and a sweater on, I and everyone else in the office is complaining it is chilly.

In the winter I normally keep my house at 60-65 downstairs and 50 upstairs and I'm fine under the blankets. But it is DAMP and RAINY right now and it's not just me that's shivering. This is perfect hyperthermia weather.