guys 280+

Options
Just curious if you had to remove loose skin when you got down to your goal weight. Also, Were any of you able to achieve a 6 pack if that was part of your goal????

Replies

• lamarnnem
    Options
    Still working on it (goal) and don't think I'll have too. Started at 283.8 and now down to 262 in 50 days. I'll settle for a 4 pack. But I think I can get to a six pack eventually. Had one in college although that was yeeeeears ago. Good luck.
  • bluecollarfrench
    bluecollarfrench Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I don't think I am going to have to either, but ya never know. How tall are you?
  • lamarnnem
    Options
    6'3 started at 283.8. I'm hopeful I don't.
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hey man my heighest weight was right around 300 and I am 6'1

I have noticed that I do have loose skin but I don't think it is anything I can't eventually work off. I am at a point now where it has been getting smaller and smaller (I call it muck)

Keep working hard and you will see whatever results you want to see.
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    Just curious if you had to remove loose skin when you got down to your goal weight. Also, Were any of you able to achieve a 6 pack if that was part of your goal????

no, but i was 25, might have made a difference
  • dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    my first major weight loss many moons ago, I lost 65lbs (263 initially) and didn't have to do anything. our bodies are amazingly good at adapting. I've read that unless you lose more than 3-4 lbs per week, your body should be able to deal with it on it's own.
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    6'3 started at 340 and currently 222. I do have some but its not horrible. Dont get me wrong its not great either but its nothing like the folks on the weight loss shows. They say it can take 1 to 2 years for your skin so shrink back in place. That is if it wasnt stretched out so much for so long. I thought somene said doc say wait a year before even thinking about surgery to remove it. My guess everyone is dif.

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Started at 310. Down to 263.4 now. I have a 6 pack ab but it is covered by a pillow top mattress. :bigsmile:

I could care less if I ever have a real six pack. And I'll never pay for a tuck if I have hound dog skin when I get to my goal weight.
    30 years ago I went from 230 to 155 in 7 months. No flab. But no six pack either.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I started at 291 and am now 180. I have been working on the loose skin and it's been going away slowly. I'm not looking to rock the six-pack but I want to get rid of it all.

I do what I can every day and like I said, it's there but going away ever so slowly. Plus, I am 42 yrs old, so I'm not a spring chicken and my skin will take longer to get back to shape.
  • bosoxz5
    bosoxz5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I used to be 275lbs, then stayed at around 230lbs for a while, and i'm now around 170lbs. I'm 19, but I still have some loose skin. I exfoliate and use cocoa butter lotion everyday. I exercise my abs about 3 times a week and can see visible abs. The worst part is having abs, and still having some loose skin. All I can suggest is exfoliating the skin during your shower and cocoa butter lotion or a vitamin E lotion after your shower everyday.
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    your still pretty young...our skin has elastin which makes it flexible. and even though you lost a lot of weight and have the little pouch, like everyone said itll slowly shrink. just give it time. and like the other guy said at least wait a full year before thinking about surgery.
  • Hitem20
    Hitem20 Posts: 121
    Options
    I am looking to lose around 120-130 lbs and I have a great fear of this. I am lucky in that I am 6'6" so my hope is that it wont be that bad.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!