My NSV!!!!!

Options
I had been overweight my entire life. I was on every known know to man. I had lost 130lbs with Weight Watchers many years ago but gained it all back. I have no self-esteem. I am 64 yrs old, have two children and 7 granddaughters. In April of 2011, I decided it was way past time to get serious and get this weight off, and keep it off. My Mom had always told me in the past, to eat healthy, exercise and it would come off. She passed on in 2007. So I found this website thru my daughter and decided to give it a shot. I logged everything I ate, and drank over 10 glasses a water a day.

Within a week weight started falling off of me. I actually lived with my daughter then, and she has bedrooms upstairs in the house. I walked those stairs everyday several times a day, and it worked. I took a few months off, but made healthy choices, and came back 30 days ago, and ready to finish my journey, and I am the same weight as when I left.

I had 112lbs to lose and I am up to 82 lb lose. I am amazed I have made it this far, but I have to give credit to all my friends with the support and motivation they gave me. I have changed my way of thinking towards food, which I had never done before. So psychologically I also changed. I know I will never go back and continue and maintain. I was challenged with exercise since I have a failed knee and back surgery, but I do exercise everyday. I want to help Newbies and show them . YOU CAN DO THIS,,,,AND NEVER GIVE UP BE STRONG. i also did eat if I wanted it, and did not deprive myself, and designating a CHEAT DAY is a recipe for disaster and failure. Thank you all for listening.......:heart:

Replies

• Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Awesome work. Congratulations!
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Great job so far and congratulations for not gaining while you were away!
  • mandersatx
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Congratulations and good luck on your journey!
  • chrlslove7
    chrlslove7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!
    The improved self-esteem shows in your post. Thank you for kindly helping others and for sharing some of what you've learned so far.
    Congratulations on your progress so far! Impressive!
  • Lshaw729
    Lshaw729 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That.............................. is awesome! Way to not give up!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    YAY! What a wonderful success story! Enjoy your new life.
  • Leeannboswell
    Options
    Joann, way to go! Isn't it amazing that once you really make up your mind, it is no longer a struggle? I just keep getting better at taking care of myself. Sounds like you are, too!!

All the best, LeeAnn
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!