Thunda Thighs

How the helllllll do you get rid of thunda thighs?
I've been called "thick" numerous times, guys always tell me that's a good thing but thick just makes me think of fat. I have curves for being so little, but I suffer from thunda thighs...my thighs always rub together, it's horrible wearing shorts, skirts, dresses...I'd love to finally not be have my legs smack together when I walk.

Thick might be good...but smacking thighs aren't...at least not to me.

What exercises can you do to get rid of the extra baggage of fat and tone up/define?

Replies

• Grnhouse
    Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
    I have the same problem. I need help too.
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    I have the same problem! I hate it!
  • Hey Guys

Therea few inner and outter leg toning exercises you can do leg raises Jane fonda style...

Check out this website it has a good how to get inner leg gap poster

http://blogilates.com/category/workout-index/legs-and-thighs
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Try Jillian Michaels' Killer Buns and Thighs. I saw progress after just 4 workouts.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    BUMP
  • ClareRae
    ClareRae Posts: 153 Member
    Bump. :-)
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    My thighs rub against each other as I walk and I love it.

Anyway, genetics plays a role in regards to how wide your hips are. Aside from that, you just need to maintain a deficit by eating below maintenance, lift moderate to heavy weights and compliment it with some HIIT style workouts and a bit of cardio to reshape your body and adjust your body composition in favor of lean body mass vs fat mass.

I never called a girl "thick" tho LOL I just say she is well proportioned - I like size on a girl's legs (strong, muscular and shapely).
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Lunges and squats! Both completely awful. But they will get your thighs burning (:
  • I know for me that cardio with light weights on my legs is always the best. Avoid too much heavy weights on your legs because it builds muscle but won't necessarily cut fat (or at least not right away). I also read in a magazine once that a personal trainer for models doesn't have them to too much weight/leg work so I would stick with that. But hey... I still have big thighs so I might not be the best one to give advice :)
  • Hey Guys

Therea few inner and outter leg toning exercises you can do leg raises Jane fonda style...

Check out this website it has a good how to get inner leg gap poster

http://blogilates.com/category/workout-index/legs-and-thighs

^^this, best thing ever! inner thigh insanity is the best :)
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Not once did someone mention diet.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    If you go to a gym, skip the inclines and stair master.
    Definitely go with the elliptical and long distances.
    Also, you may always have thighs that touch. I do, always will, an I'm glad. My thighs are ~22 inches around, so they're jiggly with fat, but also muscle underneath. Just think, while you're driving, you can't hold your drink between your thighs :P
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Weighted Lunges and squats. The heavier the better!
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Not once did someone mention diet.

Oh yea, and diet.... :D
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Lose body fat overall. Where you store your fat is genetic and you cannot force where the fat comes off when you lose weight. Often the thigh/butt area is the last place it goes for many of us. I would recommend strength training to build strength and to get some nice definition ready for when your body fat reduces to a level where the muscle can be seen. The best exercises - squats, lunges and deadlifts.
  • BUMP
  • I know for me that cardio with light weights on my legs is always the best. Avoid too much heavy weights on your legs because it builds muscle but won't necessarily cut fat (or at least not right away). I also read in a magazine once that a personal trainer for models doesn't have them to too much weight/leg work so I would stick with that. But hey... I still have big thighs so I might not be the best one to give advice :)

Eat Right
    Train hard.

Lifting Heavier will not build big muscles on women in a caloric deficit! In fact my legs looked smaller the heavier I went. Squats and Deadlifts FTW.
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Great advice here, saving it for later. :)
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Lose body fat overall. Where you store your fat is genetic and you cannot force where the fat comes off when you lose weight. Often the thigh/butt area is the last place it goes for many of us. I would recommend strength training to build strength and to get some nice definition ready for when your body fat reduces to a level where the muscle can be seen. The best exercises - squats, lunges and deadlifts.

this
  • SavingFaith65
    SavingFaith65 Posts: 72 Member
    If you go to a gym, skip the inclines and stair master.
    Definitely go with the elliptical and long distances.
    Also, you may always have thighs that touch. I do, always will, an I'm glad. My thighs are ~22 inches around, so they're jiggly with fat, but also muscle underneath. Just think, while you're driving, you can't hold your drink between your thighs :P

Hahaha, I like my thighs I would just prefer less rubbing and more toned.