P90X, Nutrition Plan and MFP... Help? :(

Options
Ok, so I have finished week 2 of the P90x Lean program. I do all of the required disks (though sometimes I substitute the cardio disk for a Zumba disk which is an hour long at high intenstity intervals) and I am eating at what I thought was my correct amount.
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 130 lbs.
BMR: 1400
TDEE (for moderate exercise): 2184
20% of my TDEE: 1750 calories.

P90x tells me I should be at 1800 calories level 1, so not too far off. NOW... I just RECENTLY set my macros to the Fat Shredder portion of the P90X portion. Before that, I was working off the macros MFP set up for me originally, just choosing to eat very clean. SOOOO... when I set my macros up to be the 50% protein, 20% fat and 30% carbs deal at 1750 calories, its giving me 215 grams of protein to consume which has been hard. I don't know what to do. I have heard that you should eat a gram of protein for each pound of lean body mass you have. I'm at about 29% body fat (yikes lol) so thats approximately 92 grams of protein needed. Ha! By all means, feel free to look at my diary, the last few days have been accurate as I have been struggling to learn how to even log properly on this thing lol.

HERE'S MY ISSUE: I don't have the money to spend on the P90X protein bars or recovery drinks. So I need to know should I supplement those lost calories (about 400 calories) for snacks or something else? ALSO, I have been trying to eat clean for the last 2 weeks, and I haven't seen any inch loss, which makes me sad. :( And I would like to know what I'm doing wrong. :cry: Anyone who can help me, please, I would love some help. Throw your advice my way, because honestly, I want to learn how to do this right. My whole profile is open so you can see my recent pictures and diary and whatnot.

Replies

• MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    You are only on week 2. You probably will see some changes when you get to rest week as your muscles right now are sore and retaining some water. Women see most of the change in the last 30 days.
    When I did P90X, I lost probably around 6 or 7 pounds in phase 1 with the majority coming off during recovery week.

When I did my first round I didn't use any supplements: protein bars, shake, etc. Everything came from regular food. Fat shredder is a tough one because of the high protein / low card intake. I was only able to nail it down by the last week of phase 1. Just try to eat lean meats, egg whites, greek yogurt, etc. I used to always go over on fat but I didn't care much because they came from good fats like salmon and nuts.

I would also suggest you switch to the Classic option. There is an additional day of strength training and you have Pyometrics instead of Cardio X.
  • Gr8mum77
    Options
    Everyone is different, so I will tell you what is working for me. I do everything by the macros of this web site. I let it decide what my caloric intake should be and I use the exercise tracker and food diary. I've noticed that every program seems to have their own idea of what is healthy and what will work, and often those numbers coincide with the other products they have branded. This site is free and has an extensive database. I also know about not having a ton of money, so I have allocated money for a gym membership, but this is how i think of it. "A month's membership is $30. If I go once a week that's alot of money. Like $5 each visit. But if I go once a day that is only a dollar a day and that isn' t much at all!" I constantly use reverse psychology on myself and it seems to be working. I started this site 55 days ago and I have lost 14 pounds and 5 inches. That is with me having thyroid issues. If you'd like support, add me as a friend and we can help each other along the way. Good luck to you, and I hope I helped a little!
  • Wakeboarder1019
    Options
    HERE'S MY ISSUE: I don't have the money to spend on the P90X protein bars or recovery drinks. So I need to know should I supplement those lost calories (about 400 calories) for snacks or something else? ALSO, I have been trying to eat clean for the last 2 weeks, and I haven't seen any inch loss, which makes me sad. :( And I would like to know what I'm doing wrong. :cry: Anyone who can help me, please, I would love some help. Throw your advice my way, because honestly, I want to learn how to do this right. My whole profile is open so you can see my recent pictures and diary and whatnot.

Congratulations on keeping with the program. You are doing great. YOu can substitute any protein bar for the p90x protein bar. Personally, I eat the Cliff Bar Builders. Look at the nutritional info on that and anything that is similar is going to be fine. The Builders bars taste good to me, so that's the main reason I go with them. For the recovery drink, try mixing regular gatorade with protein powder. Basically you need a 4:1 protein to carb ratio with simple sugars. If you search the beachbody forums, people have all sorts of crazy formulas to do that. I'm tryhing the gatorade recovery shakes, but a reg 20 oz. gatorade bottle with 3 tbsp of whey protein powder ought to do the trick. You can also use the powder for shakes (with milk, banana, and fruit) and eat those for breakfast and it should help spread your food budget out. KPP!
  • Thank you everyone! This has helped a lot! Gonna make some changes to the amounts of carbs and proteins I eat and I will take the advice on the protein bars/recovery drinks as well. Not gonna stop now!