Do you refrigerate your ketchup?

Options
124»

Replies

• MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow!!! Warm ketchup, butter on the counter, the whole world has gone mad..
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I know what it says on the bottle but I have never refrigerated ketchup.

The people that refrigerate ketchup are the lambs of society and will be the first for the chop when the time comes.

Besides, look at me, not refrigerating ketchup never did me harm.
  • ReesesPuffs
    Options
    Nope, we just close the lid and put it in the cupboard, it still lasts forever and its not so hard to get it out the bottle either.

But i tells ya, if you put my nutella in the fridge we're gonna have a bad time
  • emsicle_o
    emsicle_o Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    "irks" lol

I do unless my boyfriend leaves it out, that just irks me
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Ok, I dont mean to hijack the ketchup thread but I have a buddy and his whole family leaves the butter out on the counter. Is it ust me or is that freakin weird?
    My grandma uses real butter and does this, and I too think it's strange! Lol! But, then again, I use margarine (supposed to be refrigerated), so what do I know!

We use real butter, if you don't leave it out it is physically impossible to spread it on anything! :P (We have it in a butter dish, it's not just left out! lol)
    You always use it much quicker than margarine anyway! :)

& tomato sauce goes in the fridge, I don't want it to go gammy by the next time I want to use it! Ewww!
  • always refrigerate the ketchup
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    No. theres enough sugar in it to stop it turning bad. Never lasts that long in my house anyway. :smile:

rsz_cooltext764704302.jpg
    17427511.png
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Ok, I dont mean to hijack the ketchup thread but I have a buddy and his whole family leaves the butter out on the counter. Is it ust me or is that freakin weird?
    My grandma uses real butter and does this, and I too think it's strange! Lol! But, then again, I use margarine (supposed to be refrigerated), so what do I know!

We use real butter, if you don't leave it out it is physically impossible to spread it on anything! :P (We have it in a butter dish, it's not just left out! lol)
    You always use it much quicker than margarine anyway! :)

& tomato sauce goes in the fridge, I don't want it to go gammy by the next time I want to use it! Ewww!

I use real unsalted butter and I keep it in the fridge. Ive never had much trouble spreading it. I think its interesting that what some people just do and have done forever, others find it just plain crazy. When I saw the butter sitting on my buddy's counter I thought it weirdest thing I ever seen. I refused to use it. To this day, I wont eat anything with butter at his house, its just too weird for me. I never would have imagined that that many other people would also leave it out. Same with ketchup. I never would have imagined people just leave it out. Fascinating.
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah! Cause thats how i roll :smile:
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    uh yeppers :)
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I do, warm ketchup is nasty.