Double Chin?

Options
Is there a suggested exercise or way to target double chins? Would love some ideas!

Replies

• riotshows
    Options
    As you lose the weight the chin will become smaller. There will be a point where it may become loose and create a little
    hanging skin. Do not worry this naturally takes care of itself over time.
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    And there is definitely a genetics component...

Even when I was thin I had a double chin. Just like my grandma's. My daughter has it, too.
  • DawnMcUK
    Options
    I'm with the OP on this one, steroids ruined my face for a while, and I am losing weight slowly, but profile pictures make me look instantly fat again, as does pulling my neck back (yuk!)

I was told once (many years ago) that you have to do neck stretches to tighten up the muscles and combat a double chin. These include head rolls-side to side and full circle; tightening the chin/neck muscles in reps of 10-20 (which can be done in the car, bus, work etc.) by pulling the lower jaw forward and squeezing the muscle; also similar to that, pushing your tongue down in your mouth pulls chin muscles (allegedly).

These can be done pretty much anywhere at any time...my problem is that I don't have an exercise regime at present, so forget to do it. Will be starting one up in the next few weeks though, so hopefully I will start to see a difference soon!