Average Weekly Calories

Options
Just say that you going to have a high fat/ high calorie meal... just because you want to :-)

Can you try to make up for the big meal by making sure that your weekly calorie totals are within your goal?

I.E. If your average weekly calories are ok, have you really done a disservice to your goals?

Maybe the one big meal a week theory would actually do a lot of harm, given that it would then force your DAILY calorie intake to be much lower than it should be...

ANy thoughts?

P.S. This is my first post and a big thank you to all the help I have read so far :-)

Cheers,
James

Replies

• Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    as long as i'm not too far off net calories by the end of the week i'm happy, i try not to fluctuate wildly day to day but this give me some flexibility for special meals etc x
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I usually only eat back a max of half of exercise calories, which gives me a nice deficit on the weekend to go slightly over one or two of the days. It's worked for me so far.
  • IrishDaveRed
    IrishDaveRed Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I focus more on my weekly target rather than daily target. It has been working so far. I have felt better about the approach since watching the BBC documentary "Eat, Fast and Live Longer" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19112549 (and I think you can watch it on YouTube.) The maker of the documentary became so convinced of the benefits of intermittent fasting that he adopted it into his own lifestyle.

Like you say, as long as you don't go wildly away from your daily targets, I think the approach will work fine, but I am no nutritionist.

Good luck