30lbs lost & just finished Jillian Michaels Body Revolution

Options
(copied & pasted from my official MFP blog about this)

So I've finally finished JMBR, and I wanted to post a recap for anyone interested in doing BR themselves or for those who are just curious about the program & my results.

THE NUTRITION: the adage of "abs are made in the kitchen" is so true, and I learned that the hard way.

Initially I tried to follow the kickstart week and made it about halfway before cracking. I had gone from 40% carbs to like 20% and couldn't handle it. I did however learn a few dishes that I still eat (and are healthy), and it forced me to learn how to cook meat (I had always cooked vegetarian before). So for that, I thank Jillian. I’m only really getting into detail about my specific nutrition so that you can understand that results will vary depending on your diet, I think had I cheated less in phase 1 & 3 I would have had a greater loss, although I am very happy with my results. I will give you one recommendation on supplements, USE THEM. I take glucosamine for my joints (I’ve always had knee issues and aches), and it totally helps with this high impact program.

I started off Phase 1 eating a little above 1200 calories and I pretty much kept slipping up, due to laziness in the kitchen and pure cravings, I was starving myself I soon realized. At my first 5lb weight loss MFP cut my cals to the bare minimum and I realized that unless I start of higher, I'll have to keep cutting severely and literally starve my body to get consistent results, plus I knew on this plan I would eventually plateau.

Phase 2 rolled around and I realized I needed to eat more but I was too scared to take the leap and fully subscribe to the "eat more to weigh less" mentality (if you want more info on EM2WL check out the forums/groups and check out this calculator http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ and fill in your info, you'd be shocked how much you CAN eat and still loose). I ended up upping my cals to 1550 and in phase 2 I saw the best results, probably because I was finally netting closer to 1200 and I cleaned up my diet hardcore. I was eating salmon every other night pretty much. Mmm. For ****s and giggles I also did a 1 week 3500 burn challenge and did double days of JMBR+cardio.

Phase 3 was similar to 1 in my eating, lots of cheats and realizing I need to be eating more but being too scared, I finally decided to do it and I started by first eating back my exercise cals. My birthday weekend extravaganza fell in my 3rd week of the phase which semi stalled my weight loss and the final week I finally reset my cals to the correct number according to the scooby calculator and posted a final week loss of 2lbs, so clearly it began to work.

THE WORKOUTS:
JMBR is set up for a 6-day workout week. You basically have 4 days of strength & 2 days of a cardio session you do for the entire phase. You do 2 “workouts” a week and alternate so your week would look like:
M: WO1
T: WO2
W: CARDIO 1
TH: WO1
F: WO2
SA: CARDIO 1
SU: REST
I really love how this program was structured mostly because I only had to devote 30 minutes a day to it and I got results similar to people on here that workout for twice as long. Throughout each workout I was always sore the first week and the second week I rocked it, and pretty much throughout each phase my *kitten* was consistently sore the first 2 weeks (which explains why it looks so good now).

Phase 1 seemed really easy for me because I had previously completed RI30, so this was basically that but regurgitated with a couple new things, if you’ve done anything by Jillian Michaels leading up to this, definitely try for the harder/advanced moves in this phase. Cardio 1 I hated because of running man (i still hate those), but overall it was the easiest out of all the cardios and by the end of the phase I was adding in extra cardio moves (like running in place while she explains moves or gives breaks) to get in an extra burn and keep my HR up. Also, if you want to do “extra credit” I would most definitely brush up on your yoga on your rest days because Jillian LOVES downward dog & chatturanga, know them, love them, they will haunt you in the next 2 phases.

318714_566635004757_64888679_n.jpg
just try it! it looks harder than it is i promise!

Phase 2 started off great but the last 2 exercises of phase 2 got me, they were notably tougher than before and I pretty much hated them, combined with the fact that I took a really bad fall and screwed up my shoulder the last week of that workout. I hated cardio 2. Absolutely hated it. I hate burpees, I think I always will. I saw my biggest losses in phase 2 with weight and inches, probably because I really cleaned up my diet for phase 2 and it was completely different than the moves I had been doing before with RI30 & phase 1. For those of you who consider yourselves already semi-fit and are toying with the idea of starting on phase 2, I would say go for phase 1 anyway because some of the new moves you learn in phase 1 are built upon in phases 2 & 3 with harder modifications or plyo. If its too easy, make it harder. Add weights, greater range of motion, but I wouldn’t recommend skipping to phase 2.

Phase 3 was my favorite by far. Cardio 3 is extremely fun, lots of jumping which kept it interesting and my burns were consistently higher in phase 3 (thank you standing mountain climbers that made me want to puke each time). WO11&12 felt easier than 9&10 but my HRM begged to differ as I had consistently higher burns, sometimes by 100 cals. I loved the addition of more plyometrics (jumping explosive movements) in these workouts and cardio, and honestly it keeps it interesting, you would be surprised how many calories you burn whilst leaping through the air like a damn frog.

THE RESULTS: the moment you’ve all been waiting for.

LBS LOST: ~22-24 (I didn’t have access to a scale until the end of phase 1 so i’m guestamating considering my average loss of 1.7lb a week)
INCHES LOST:
BUST: -2.5’
WAIST: -3’
GUT (this is my problem area): -3.3’
HIPS: -1.5’ (initially I lost 2 but gained a half inch back in muscle/reshaping)

jmbr12results2-e1348036264897.jpg

THE NSV’s:
MY *kitten* IS KICKIN. Seriously I thought i firmed up my butt during RI30 but something in JMBR rounded it out and lifted it, there is a notable difference in the shape of my *kitten* and definition. I’m not sure if its because I slimmed off a lot of my muffin top zone so it makes it stand out more, but either way, baby got back.

I CAN DO PUSH UP(s). Never in my life could I do a push up before Jillian Michaels. Now i can do several. And on one leg!!!

I HAVE TRICEPS. You can see a little bit of definition on my arms now, and for someone who is still 30+lbs overweight, that’s a pretty big accomplishment.

I LOST A PANT SIZE. Finally! This was my main goal for the past 3 months and phase 3 finally got me there and I am sooo so happy.

Overall I'm EXTREMELY happy with my results and the fact that I stuck with something this hard for 90 days.

Next for me I will be working through the New Rules of Lifting for Women and I will definitely be posting my results along the way since its a 6 month program. :)

Replies

• econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look fabulous :smile: your hard work certainly paid off! :flowerforyou:
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great results! And thanks for all the details - definitely inspiring me to maybe give JMBR a try if I make it through 30DS in the next couple of weeks...
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great results! And thanks for all the details - definitely inspiring me to maybe give JMBR a try if I make it through 30DS in the next couple of weeks...

30DS is a little intense. I tried workout 1 and doing some of those high impact moves for so long HURTS like in a bad way lol. i warmed up with ripped in 30 before getting into JMBR and i loved it, it had variety, was high impact but didnt cause any injuries (shin splints like 30ds did), and i saw great results. my first 3 inches lost were from my first month here doing RI30
  • Positive_Thinker
    Positive_Thinker Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It's working, because YOU'RE working it!! You continue to inspire... :drinker:
  • char_char_piper
    Options
    I know I already responded to this on the newsfeed, but YAY for YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

You look awesome and you got amazing results!! :smokin: :smokin:

Keep up the good work!

27783872.png
  • Eponine7
    Options
    You look wonderful....congrats on your hard work! It definitely paid off!

I just entered Phase 2 of JMBR and hope to have a similar story!
  • HollyAus
    HollyAus Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    First off! AMAZING results!! And you look GREAT! :flowerforyou:

Second, Where can I get the JMBR? Is it a DVD? I'm looking for something that's not "going to the gym" work out for my husband and to do. Also We are training for a 10K and working on our 5K time, running about 4 times a weeks. Would that be too much cardio? Or could we just do that on the cardio days and only do it two days a week?
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    First off! AMAZING results!! And you look GREAT! :flowerforyou:

Second, Where can I get the JMBR? Is it a DVD? I'm looking for something that's not "going to the gym" work out for my husband and to do. Also We are training for a 10K and working on our 5K time, running about 4 times a weeks. Would that be too much cardio? Or could we just do that on the cardio days and only do it two days a week?

you can find it on amazon for pretty cheap with the cables and meal guides too. i would substitute the JMBR cardio days with your endurance training, and double up on 2 days a week, always taking 1 rest day. you run the risk of overtraining though so i'm not sure how long you'll be running for. its a great program and i definitely dont think you'll see any strength/muscle gains if you're only doing 2 workouts a week.
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful transformation. Congrats on getting through the entire program. Keep up the great work.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success and sticking with the program.
  • staceyGO
    Options
    You look fab... I am so pumped, mine revolution should be here by Monday, cannot wait to get started... especially excited about your hot *kitten* notes haha. WHOOP! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • mariann_85
    Options
    Hey everyone, congratulations on your success!!! It's really amazing. I'm doing the program myself and I was wondering if you, or someone on this thread, would be so kind as to tell me the recipe for the chocolate chips muffins in the cookbook. I did the banana muffins and they were terrific but I lost that part!

Anyway, thanks everyone and congratulations again!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Wonderful...I can definitely see your change...Huge fan of JMBR....You are a great success story of that program...
  • pixxyhaze
    Options
    I'm confused on how much I should eat? I was doing Insanity and was only eating 1200 calories a day and was not losing at all, I finally figured out that I needed more calories. Honestly I'm getting burnt out with Insanity because I'm not getting the results I want. I'm starting Body Revolution on Sunday and hoping for better results and plan on doing some extra cardio on my own. Do you think I should shoot for 1500 calories a day?
  • kelhardy80
    Options
    I did a lot of research on this program and found out that there are a lot of real women out there who have shed between 7-25 lbs on this program. What was surprising was that many of them could not stick to the meal plan provided by Jillian and weren't calorie counting like crazy. I recommend that you stick to a minimum of 1200 calories per day and start the program...your body will tell you if you are eating enough or not! For answers to more FAQs on the Body Revolution, do visit http://ceejay1980.hubpages.com/hub/jillian-michaels-body-revolution-reviews for a review based on customer feedback.

P.S: It will be great if anyone who has found success with this program could share your experiences in the comments section of my article. It will be beneficial to those who want to get fit but just can't find the motivation to do so.
  • liapr
    liapr Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    amazing results!! good for you, you look awesome!
  • geralynhoerauf
    geralynhoerauf Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration. Saving this for reference after completing 30DS mid-March.
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! You look GREAT.
    Thanks for breaking this down so well.
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Well done, you're looking great.
    After reading what you've achieved, I've decided to dust off my 30 shred DVD and try and compete it this time, 6am tomorrow will be a fresh start for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!