trying to hit my macros.

Options
So for the last 3 days I have been playing with my food intake to find a way to hit my macros. My question is how do you get in 45% intake from carbs 35% protien and only 20% fat? I can hit my carbs and protien but I fly way over on fat. I have opened up my journal for you all to pick over with a fine toothed comb. Keep in mind I'm trying to reduce body fat from 18.5% to 11-10% while maintaining or growing lean muscle mass, CW 191 GW 170.

Replies

• Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Try poaching your eggs instead of frying, or get a non-stick pan and use no oil. I try to avoid anything that has more fat than protein- eg cheese, bacon.
    My diary is open, I often go way over on protein, but keep in mind I am a chubby girl looking to lose a LOT of fat and keep my muscle, :smile:

Edited to add, I'm purposely lower on protein today as I went way over on the protein yesterday (I felt like steak, lots of it).
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Try cutting carbs not fat. I'm on a Keto low carb, was doing about 60g carbs, just cut it down to under 30g carbs. Cutting carbs is suppose to help burn fat while maintaining lean body mass. Or you can try to carb cycle.
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Do you ever pre-log your food? It looks like you don't, so try that with the aim to be keeping under your fats. As someone else said, dry fry or poach your eggs in the morning, or just change your breakfast up with cereal, beans on toast, fruit and yoghurt every other day or something. Try never to use any extra butter or oils when cooking, and if you do have really greasy foods like pizza, etc try to either make them one-offs, or make your own with tortillas. Also, is there a specific reason you have 45% carbs, 35% protein, and only 20% fats? If not, try lowering carbs slightly and putting more on fats. Hope this helps :smile:
  • Josh2040
    Josh2040 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't have the luxury of cooking my own food right now, otherwise I would poach eggs. @kay I started per-logging today in the attempt to keep on top of thing but as I don't often know what they are going to be serving for lunch and dinner in the chow hall it is hard to pre-log.