Women - what's your calorie goal?

Options

Replies

• blessed0910
    Options
    They say it is important to eat at least 1200 a day for women. When you only eat 300 in a day your body will think you are starving it and then it can hold onto calories and fat instead of burning it. I am set at 1400 a day without exercise and I have decided that I am going to eat back 50 to 75% of my exercise calories.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4, weight fluctuates between 115.5 and 117. I eat around 1900 calories / day
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    5'4.5" and 1780 (TDEE -15%) 147 lbs
  • moonshine_betty
    moonshine_betty Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My first post! I eat in the 2000-2300 calorie range to lose weight. I don't eat back exercise calories because my exercise is already factored into my maintenance calories (~2800). I'm 32, 5'8", ~28% bf and currently 173 lbs. I workout 5-6 times weekly for 60-75 mins (cardio 5x/wk, weights 3x). It's working for me; I'm down from 183 lbs in late June and this is how I lost 30 lbs two years ago. My weight loss would be faster but I've been eating out a lot lately and have trouble being consistent. When I am, I lose 1-1.4 lbs eating this way.
  • dexfatpants
    dexfatpants Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 years old, 5'7.5 & I weigh 182 lbs. My calories are set at 1200. I exercise 5-6 times a week, most of the time twice a day. I do yoga or Pilates in the morning & cardio at night. A few times a week I add in circuit training at night after the cardio. I don't eat my exercise calories back (most of the time anyway) & I have lost 10 lbs. I feel like I should have lost more , but I am losing inches & my jeans are much baggier :)
  • Suzrun4
    Options
    I am at 1260 calories before exercise. I am burning between 300 and 500 calories per day by exercise. I am 5'-9" and have lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks. So I would say it is working for me. 70 more pounds to go though.....
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    2,000 calories
    5ft 3

have been losing about 1.4 lbs per week for 4 weeks
  • LexRaven
    LexRaven Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Calorie goal: 1300/day
    Height: 5'2''

This is my calorie goal for losing 2lbs a week. Works well for me but takes alot of menu planning.
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    So I guess I need advice I have been eating more like 900-1000 so if you want to help me add me as a friend. I guess I am not thinking right. I should know better. I guess I could use more support. Thanks
  • Bighiker2
    Options
    Hi, I have been on a 1200 daily calories diet since last 7/16 and have lost 12 lbs. so far. I am 5ft 2inches tall (fun size) LOL!!
  • jllove871
    jllove871 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 with 60lbs to lose, I set calorie goal at 1000-1200 prior to exercise depending on day of week, saturdays I adjust for cocktail or two. I work out 5 days a week. Staying in goal for me is easy as I eat a ton of soup and veggies, I keep portions small and I load up on nuts around house, I find eating 3-4 cashews will kill the "I want to eat" mode.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My goal is about 1300. I have had very little trouble staying around or under that amount. I wish it was as easy to stick to my exercise plan!
  • Erica_Rae
    Erica_Rae Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1400. I am 5'4"
  • jllove871
    Options
    I think calories need to be evaluated on individual size, activity and any prevailing medical conditions.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Mine was 1390 but that was way too low for me so I set it up to 1650. I don't go over that mark very much though.
  • ghostpixie
    ghostpixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    1450 without exercise. I'm 5'5!
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and currently 168lbs. I have my calorie goal set to 1,400 a day, and I work out 5-6x per week for 60-90 minutes doing 30 min of high intensity cardio and the rest weights. One or two of those days will be "rest" days and I will do light cardio with abs. I try to eat back only half my exercise calories, but I look at it more on a weekly basis versus a daily basis. Some days I may not work out and eat 2,000 calories, others I may burn 1,000+ calories and only eat 1,400, so it all depends on what my body wants from me that day.
  • nana_pancakes
    nana_pancakes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    1200, if only to keep me from unhealthily snacking periodically throughout the day which has always been my problem. i usually overeat and then exercise so it all balances out :smile: i've been having success but now that i'm back at school and spending time with my friends i haven't been as dedicated :drinker: oh wellll. i'm 5'8"
  • jllove871
    Options
    1500-1600. I lowered it to 1200 for about a month and absolutely nothing happened so I'm back up to what I know works for me.

Thats interesting, I was doing under 1200 and I actually gained .02 lbs, Today I deliberately upped calories hoping to upsdet my body, I was a little mad at it! But I am wondering if maybe eating a few more calories would actually help to lose lbs, doesn't make sense but.......
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My MFP caloric suggestion is 1200 per day, or 1500 on the days that I do my workout "Insanity". However, most days I eat between 900 and 1000 just based on my own diet. I don't eat a lot of food throughout the day, plus I eat a LOT of salads and vegetables, which don't hold many calories. Also, I am 5 ft tall and my weight has decreased from 120 to 115 in the past three weeks from the Insanity workouts and from my overall caloric intake. I've been limiting my carbs also.