Graze!

Options
(Yes, another shameless Graze plug, I'm sure there's been many.)

I got my box through in the post today and it looks soooo yummy.

I got: yin & yang (belgian dark choc drops, almonds, jumbo raisins and cherries - 214 cal), tropical daiquiri (sour mango, lime sultanas and pineapple - 103 cal), pear tatin (pear, raspberry cranberries, yoghurt coated seeds and almonds - 143 cal) and crunchini basilico (baked herb crunchinis with basil infused oil - 80 cal)!

Now, I got my first box free because I used my friends promo code. You have to put your details in and whatnot but if you don't want another box after your first free one you can cancel your subscription immediately so you don't pay anything at all afterwards.

This isn't just a shameless "GO TO GRAZE" topic though, I wanna know your fav Graze snack packs so I can try them myself in my next box. Thoughts?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, just got my first box today!

I'd resisted all the "free box" vouchers in the past cos I know they are dear and you could make your own as cheaply. But wow, the variety is incredible! And the whole marketing really really clever, like being able to tweet your contents to a wider audience. And they have all the nutritional information you need, so really user friendly that way. And a well designed website so you can cancel or push back any delivery with a single click.

This week I have:
    Basil and garlic olives - oh my, these are just wonderful for olive lovers.
    Smoked paprika, garlic and thyme bread - it's quite nice, but I'm not a big bread fan, I wouldn't have this again.
    Poached pear - sunflower seed, vanilla flavoured dried pear etc - very sweet but gorgeous
    Tom yum yum - crunchy spicy rice cracker mix. Very moreish!

If anyone wants my free box voucher, the code is

6WGNVWND from Linda (graze.com)
  • sStephSs26
    sStephSs26 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of these! they sound amazing! how are the snacks in regards to calories? is the box supposed to be a days worth of "grazing"? I just looked on the website i'm very interested!
  • jennibee70
    jennibee70 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I've just signed up for a free box and came on here to see if anyone else uses Graze! I spent a fortune last night on dried fruit for my daughter to snack on, so thought it might be worth trying out. Did you stick with it, aforange, it's a couple of weeks now since your first box?
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    There's 4 snacks in each box, and I went for the light option so each of those is around 100 calories. You can eat them all at once if you like, but I'm planning to space them out over a few days.

Some of the other selections are higher in calories, but its really easy to find the nutritional content of each (and if you've ticked the lighter option it will flag up anything that's outside that range)

As has been said elsewhere, they are expensive, but they really do feel like a treat to look forward to.
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    LOVE Graze!

I get mostly the nuts and dark choccie things. As well as a few of the low cal "bready" items such as wee otabakes. Perfect snack size and tasty!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Horrid name. I don't graze, grouse or grunt. Well, maybe the last one I do...
    But just say "no" to farm animal behavior.
  • jennibee70
    Options
    Right, I got my first graze box today and so far I have three problems:
    1. It is too yummy and I want to eat the whole box in one sitting. Maybe I should have eaten dinner before opening it!
    2. I can't afford 3 a day, which is what I now want.
    3. My daughter also loves it, so I need double size portions!!!

I really hoped I would try a few things, decide what seeds and things I liked, and then I could just buy them cheaper myself, but I loved the rustic rosemary bread and I have no idea where I would buy something like that.

I also love that you can use the MFP barcode scanner on the packs!

I expect everyone will want to give their freebie code, but if you want a code to try a free box, send me a message.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    What else apart from rosemary bread did you have?
  • jennibee70
    Options
    I had smoked paprika, garlic & thyme rustic marble bread (don't know where I got rosemary from), apple and cinnamon flapjacks which were really nice, the british barbeque (rosemary crostini, mini basil breadsticks, fiery seeds and smoked almonds) which had an unusual savoury flavour, I liked it but not as much as the others. The one I haven't opened yet is copacabana, which is a little disappointing, brazil nuts and chocolate buttons which I could easily have bought myself. I'm rating the bread and flapjacks as "love", leaving the british barbeque as "try", I wouldn't mind it again, but I'm going to "bin" the copacabana. Looking forward to my next selection!
  • jennibee70
    Options
    I just had the copacabana, it wasn't even nice chocolate. Definitely bin!
  • AllyS500
    Options
    I loved graze when I tried it ;ast year, but i do think it is majorly overpriced! Here in the UK its like £3.79 per box, my friend and I were both buying 2 boxes a week, so we out our money together and went shopping for similar products in the supermarket. We got a substantial amount of dried fruit, nuts seeds and crackers and have portioned them into food bags equivalent to our graze boxes...works better for us students LOL!
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I loved graze when I tried it ;ast year, but i do think it is majorly overpriced! Here in the UK its like £3.79 per box, my friend and I were both buying 2 boxes a week, so we out our money together and went shopping for similar products in the supermarket. We got a substantial amount of dried fruit, nuts seeds and crackers and have portioned them into food bags equivalent to our graze boxes...works better for us students LOL!

That's exactly what I've been thinking of doing - I love the idea of a graze box, but it is so expensive, and it's much cheaper to buy similar produces in the supermarket.
  • kazza2cats
    kazza2cats Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've been getting Graze boxes for the last few months and love them. It is expensive but I tend to not select the punnets which I think aren't worth the money. I think if I bought the equivalent at the supermarket I would have to buy lots of different things and would probably over eat them. Graze boxes are the perfect size to give you a healthy snack. My favorites are the flapjacks and the nut and chocolate mixes.
  • _jen
    _jen Posts: 11
    Options
    I've been getting two boxes a week for a few months. What I do is take one Graze punnet plus a fresh fruit snack to work each day, one of which is for my mid-morning snack and one for the afternoon. I've been trying all kinds of things - my favourites are the Guilt-Free High Teas (a mini cake and a nice tea), Apricot Torte, Blueberry Swirl, Eleanor's Apple Crumble, Poached Pear, the flapjacks, and also the chilli garlic olives. But really I've yet to be sent something I didn't like!
  • _jen
    Options
    I think if I bought the equivalent at the supermarket I would have to buy lots of different things and would probably over eat them. Graze boxes are the perfect size to give you a healthy snack.

This is true. You get so much variety in a Graze box but all in individual portions - for me, trying to buy the same things at the supermarket would involve a lot of waste as I'd have to buy my eight different snacks in large bags and would never be able to eat them all before they went off or got stale. Plus Graze snacks are not at all the same as your standard fruit and nut mix or whatever.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I would love to try this! Lucky brits! you have everything cool.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Someone please either explain what this is, or give a link to something that does. You can't just google the word graze--I tried and didn't get anything that looked remotely related.
  • _jen
    Options
    www.graze.com :smile:
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Interesting. Wonder if there's anything like that in the US.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I think if I bought the equivalent at the supermarket I would have to buy lots of different things and would probably over eat them. Graze boxes are the perfect size to give you a healthy snack.

I've been looking around for a similar kind of box - a bento box or something like that. Then I could buy various snacks and put small portions into the segments of the box each day. The kinds of snacks I like are all available in supermarkets - things like olives, flavoured nuts, dried fruit, wasabi covered peas, pretzels, chevda. At the moment, if I buy a bag of such things, I eat it all at once - I think getting myself a bento box would help me make them last over a couple of weeks, or a month.