Acne associated to working out.

Options
I don't have this problem anymore because I'm using Oxy instead of Noxema, which has always worked well for my face -- that is until I started working out. Hence, the switch. Have any of you had nagging acne at any point which forced you to experiment with a different cleanser? Are you still having trouble controlling it?

Replies

• mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    I have very sensitive skin...I use Dove sensitive skin, just bar soap...seems to work well although I seem to break out here and there...honestly I think its due more to stress than working out though :)
  • hellohappylisa
    hellohappylisa Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I break out from food, hormones, stress. You name it! However eliminating these foods and going on the pill has eliminated 99% of it. :D

I apply tea tree oil to my face/back/chest before working out, it kills bacteria and continues to kill bacteria while you're there. Shower afterwards, of course.

But tea tree oil is great for any bacteria prevention AND treatment. It's way more gentle than chemicals, but it's still pretty strong. It'll dry you out if you use it too often, before you skin's gotten used to it.

Of course, if you get any big nasties, salicylic acid spot treatments are your best bet. Benzyl peroxide literally damages your skin cells so though it works great in the short term, the long term effects are not worth it.

As far as soap goes, I use the same bar on my body as my face. It's an all natural bar with vegetable oil. Glycerin soaps dry me out, but everyone is different with different ingredients.

(I had terrible acne most of my life and I'm a licensed cosmetologist -skin, hair, nails - so I know a lot on the subject of acne hahaha)
  • ncsjodi
    ncsjodi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 years old and my acne is worse now than when I was a teenager. I've read that it can happen with weight loss though, due to hormones and toxins being released from fat cells. I keep hoping it will get better.