How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I've been weiging myself every morning for the past 8 months. . . now that I'm taking steps to live healthier how often should I be weighing myself? On mondays? everyday?

Replies

• sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I actually don't weigh myself at all anymore. I go by how my clothes feel, and periodically measuring my body fat percentage with calipers. But prior to stopping the scale, I probably got to the point where I was weighing once per week, or once every two weeks.
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I always look forward to check my weight every morning at 10am.

BUT I ONLY write it down every wednesday. :bigsmile:
  • dickymint678
    dickymint678 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily.

Continue to do what works for you. There is no wrong or right.

:smile:
  • Bighiker2
    Options
    I think you should do whatever feels right for you. I heard that you should weigh yourself only once a week, and that is very likely sound advice. However, I weigh myself every day! and since I have been doing well for months (staying on my calories plan without fail), the worst that happened to me was waking up on a given morning and being 0.5 lb. heavier..... So, definitely, listen to yourself and get on the scale as often - or as rarely - as you want.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I used to be OBSESSED with weighing myself. I would work out every morning, complete a fantastic workout and be dripping with sweat, then step on the scale and sometimes be so disappointed with my numbers that my great mood from my workout would just fly right out the window. I decided that I had to stop that. Now, I force myself to only step on the scale once a week. I mean if you think about it, you really can't lose that much weight from one day to the next, but think of how much of a joy it will be to step on the scale after a whole week of being away and seeing what you lost. It also forces you to see how your body feels and what it looks like, rather than being obsessed with the tenths digit on a scale. I would suggest just once or twice a week!
  • Jewelslively
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think for my own sanity I will try once a week. It brings out the "I can't do it" when I see the number jump up from one day to the next. Its hard to think long term . . . when my brain is so used to instant gradification.