How did you decide what to put on your ticker?

Options
Changed my ticker to show pounds to go instead of pounds lost. Thought I'd try it for motivation. I also updated my original weight to reflect my first day at TOPS two+ years ago. I like that it says I have lost 45 lbs to date instead of 18 since I started MFP. Reflects the total better I think. From my highest weight to now I'm actually down 53.5 lbs. :)

What made you decide what to put on your ticker?

Replies

• peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    The day I started tracking = weight I put on MFP.

Then I have my first goal in my ticker, Better to see the smaller number "to go" vs something seemingly insurmountable.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I like 'high scores'. I'm a former gamer so for me seeing the 'big number' lost motivates me!
  • misskmw1201
    Options
    I decieded When I'm 1/2 way to where I want to be then I'll change to how far left to go. Wasn't in the head space at the start to see that number telling me how far was left at the start, made the mountain seem higher.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I put my start weight at what I weighed the day I started on MFP. My all time high is 20 pounds more, but I lost those pounds a couple years ago through crash diets, so I don't include them.
  • maricash
    maricash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My start weight is from a few weeks into MFP, because I got a new scale then and thought it was a lot more accurate than my old one. I had lost 25-30 pounds prior to MFP, but I can't really be sure of the number because I hated weighing myself when I was at my heaviest and my old scale was only accurate to about 5 pounds either way. My goal is the lowest weight I can imagine being (five pounds into the healthy range), but if I ever get close to it I might reevaluate. I have smaller goals that I celebrate achieving, but they aren't on my ticker.
  • countrygal2004
    countrygal2004 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good "food" for thought (minus the pun). I may change mine to the smaller goals because 65 lbs to go is kinda big. I'll have to think about it. Thanks for the input.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I had three main goals. I personally prefer to see how far I've come vs how far I have to go, because it's just so great to see my progress rather than focusing on the fact that I'm not done yet.

My ticker is currently set to my second goal...almost there! I had one more goal in mind for my journey, so in a couple/few weeks, the ticker will be changed to my final goal. Unless I change my mind about where I want to end up LOL.