Ladies only! LOL. Private?

Options
When you are menstruating do you gain a few lbs and those few lbs are so hard to knock off but right after your period is done you are back to your normal weight or you even loss a few more lbs? is this normal?

Replies

• IrenieL
    IrenieL Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    exact same happens to me .. I avoid the scale that week!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Yep :laugh:
    We hold onto water during that time, not sure why but what you describe happens to me :grumble:
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Totally normal. Not everyone has it happen but enough of us do that it's totally normal. Whenever I suddenly put on 3-5 pounds (for no other reason) I know my TOM is about to arrive. And then it drops right off after.
  • neesha2zumba
    Options
    i get so bloated :mad:
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!!!!!! :noway: I hate it!
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I only gain if I eat like a maniac during that time (which I sometimes do... hehehe). Otherwise, I still consistently lose.
  • Owsla135
    Owsla135 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You know with a title like that every man is going to look! ROFL!
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Yup! I gain as much as 8 pounds, which shows A LOT on me since I'm only 4'11".
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yep. Every time. I also crave the crap out of carbs the week before, and used to deprive myself, but I found if I let myself have a pasta day once or twice before my period, I actually am in a better mood and the scale stays steady or drops when I'm done :)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    The only thing I like about it is, I've lost enough weight now to notice that my belly pokes out more once a month. That's something, anyway.
  • slimmermomma
    slimmermomma Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I think alot of women see this - you tend to retain alot more fluid during your period and it will come and go every month. I wouldn't be to concerned during that week, especially if you notice it coming right back off
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yup same thing happens to me
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Absolutely normal. It is mostly due to water retention. A number of fitness books will tell you to look out for it. You can also feel more drained, making it harder to exercise. Also, a couple of running books I have suggest that you may need a few extra calories to maintain normal energy. Those calories do not have to come from junk. But don't feel concerned if you eat a bit more salad than normal (or whatever) :)
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I find that my weight goes DOWN by 1/1.5lb a few days before my period, I can eat more than normal if I feel the need for the 1st and 2nd day and then afterwards I'm back to where I was before it all started.
    Now I know this I tend to make sure I don't indulge my cravings and that way the initial loss usually stays off which is a bonus!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    When you are menstruating do you gain a few lbs and those few lbs are so hard to knock off but right after your period is done you are back to your normal weight or you even loss a few more lbs? is this normal?

jesus h christ on a crutch!! i've never menstrurated and i know that this is completely normal!!!
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    YEP... same here, you're not alone...lol
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

jesus h christ on a crutch!! i've never menstrurated and i know that this is completely normal!!!

I know, right?
    "This has happened to me every month for the last 8 years but I am just now noticing how it works!":grumble:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

lol...that said, one thing I have picked up on is if I try REALLY hard not to give in to my cravings during my period I usually end up dropping even more weight that week once the bloat goes away.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    havent you been doing this for almost 10 years by now?
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    honey did you just start???

do you need the talk ?