Anyone out there with pins/screws a year or more out??

Just wondering what to expect. I'm only 2 weeks out and I'm finding it hard to see the future. Am I ever going to play soccer with the kids or jump off the retaining wall again? Am I ever going to do workouts so hard that I drip in sweat again??

Replies

• caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    I'm not sure if this is quite the same thing, but I had bunion surgery 6 years ago and it was so bad that they had to break one of my foot bones to straighten it and put a pin in. Once I was cleared from all of that I have had no problem with any level of activity. I have two kids so soccer in the backyward has definitely been one of the activities! I'm know it's frustrating now but this is just one bump in the long road of life and soon enough you will be up and active again.
  • MsBobLoblaw
    MsBobLoblaw Posts: 171 Member
    I have pins from an ACL reconstruction in 2010. I began jogging 3 months after surgery, but my knee could only handle a minute or two and then I had to walk. It gradually got better, but it was frustrating, long recovery. It was about a year before my ortho doc pronounced me fully recovered. I still won't participate in any sports that have cutting motions (soccer, basketball, etc.), but I have no problems with my favorite sports, rowing and running, and both of those are definitely intense enough to have me dripping in sweat.