Pumpkin spice, and other fall drinks

Options
I rarely drink anything but herbal tea and water, but with the beginnings of fall upon us, I find myself in the constant mood for a hot, delicious drink. Does anyone have any lite (and, dare I say it, healthy) drinks to share? Not wanting to drink my calories this autumn, but still hoping to enjoy fall in a cup!

Replies

• sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it myself, but a friend of mine raves about Starbucks Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte. May have to check it out!
  • sue_886
    Options
    I haven't tried it myself, but a friend of mine raves about Starbucks Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte. May have to check it out!

Those are great! But I'm hoping to making my own this year and only visit Starbucks once in a very great while.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I make skinny lattes at home with skim milk. Archer Farms (Target) has a Pumpkin Spice sugar-free coffee syrup that doesn't quite taste like the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice latte, but it's not bad. The Archer Farms Gingerbread coffee syrup is really yummy.

Torani also makes a large selection of sugar-free coffee syrups. I haven't been able to find Pumpkin Spice in stores, but it's available online.
  • sicilysclover
    sicilysclover Posts: 173 Member
    Options

It's delicious but a "Tall" (the smallest) is 200 calories so be careful! I've been making some room for it every now and then because it is good! The dunkin donuts Pumkin Spice Coffee is also good - a medium is 160 calories.
  • ritmeyer
    ritmeyer Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin spice latte- You can use a french press or brew it. I use a FP

2 1/2 cups hot water
    4 tbsp coffee
    1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
    2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk w/ vanilla)
    2 tbsp maple syrup or 2 packets of truvia

This above is 2 servings

With the maple syrup & almond milk- 100 calories & 12 sugars per serving
    With almond milk & truvia-around 40 calories
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Nescafe' - Taster's Choice Hazelnut Single Serve Packets, 1 packet
    Stevia - Extract In the Raw, 0.5 packet
    Coffee-Mate - Pumpkin Spice Sugar Free Creamer, 2 tbsp

Heat up some water and mix it all in (like regular instant coffee). 35 calorie pumpkin spice latte and it is SO GOOD! I tried a few recipes that involved measuring out pumpkin, cinnamon, etc and none were nearly as good as this one.

35 calories, 6 carbs, 2 fat.

ETA: Almost forgot.. if you're feeling daring throw little bit of lite reddi whip on top with some cinnamon. :)
  • ChantiC
    ChantiC Posts: 137
    Options
    I used to work at Second Cup (Like Starbucks but Canadian) and we used to make all sorts of our own drinks during our shifts:) I loved Chai latte's, but it was so much in cals and sugar. So I would froth milk and use 2 Chai tea bags instead of the syrup and then top it off with some cinnamon or Pumpkin Spice. You can do this easily at home. Heat up some milk in the microwave or stove and when very hot add the chai tea and let steep for about 5 mins. Remove the tea and add cinnamon or pumpkin spice with a little splenda for sweetness and you have one yummy low cal fall drink :)
  • staceywtucaz
    staceywtucaz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    Options
    Bumpity bump
  • Browneyedgirl140
    Browneyedgirl140 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I found this on pinterest:

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-pumpkin-spice-latte/

It is a pumkin drink you can make at home in your coffee pot, very low calories compared to Starbucks skinny pumpkin latte. I haven't tried it but I will this weekend :)
  • jennyrae75
    jennyrae75 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com she has a whole section of pumpkin recipes and there are some great drinks and also fabulous food!
  • loveeey
    Options
    A skinny pumpkin spice latte from starbucks has 48g of sugar, as i'm sure everyone knows that is a ton :( I love them but just recently learned this yesterday! I am going to try pumpkin spice chia tea and hope that will taste almost as yummy for my warm fall drink :)
  • heatherent
    Options

I don't believe that Starbucks makes a "Skinny" version of the Pumpkin spice latte. "Skinny" implies that they use sugar-free syrup and skim milk. You can get the Pumpkin Spice latte with skim milk, but you will still have the sugar-laden pumpkin spice syrup that they use. Sorry to disappoint :-(
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Harney's & Sons makes a fantastic Hot Cinnamon Spice tea. It is quite spicy, but fantastic if you're looking for something with a little fall flavor. Last I checked you could get it at Starbuck's and Caribou, too. I just order mine in bulk and make it at home. That way it satisfies my late night sweet tooth. ;)