85 pounds lost on Starbucks Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Blergh on her "food" choice. I had a muffin there this morning.

If I used them as a primary source of food I'd off myself creatively.
    Death by small wooden stick, death by coffee cup cuts, death by free bad music, death by plastic container stuffed down throat.
    Death by choking on the word "Venti" or "Trenta".
  • squankmuffin
    squankmuffin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Eck! What is her blood pressure like?
  • 1FitMom326
    Options
    The article mentions that on some days she restricted her diet to 878 or so calories. A human body can barely function on that! Any diet that is unhealthy is not worth it... sure she may lose weight, but at what cost to other muscle and organs? Fail.

This is exactly what I was thinking. When you restrict your calories that much you are losing... fat and muscle. If all you ate was M&M's and restricted your calories you will lose weight it doesn't mean it is the best way.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    of course this diet doesn't mention that she spent 300,000$ over 2 years to follow it.. :D

exactly. starbucks = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    " In the past few years, Starbucks has become more of a milkshake shop than a coffee bar. "

I can't get past this line. But good for her I guess!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    The article mentions that on some days she restricted her diet to 878 or so calories. A human body can barely function on that! Any diet that is unhealthy is not worth it... sure she may lose weight, but at what cost to other muscle and organs? Fail.

878 calories a day :noway: That's unhealthy! The weight loss had nothing whatsoever to do with Starbucks and everything to do with severe calorie restriction.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    This is not dieting, this is called dying very slowly, lol.
  • MelidaTatiana
    MelidaTatiana Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That is a disciplined lady!
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Sounds expensive.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    It's odd how so many people here keep making cracks about Starbucks's high-calorie food when the excerpt states that the would-be kidney donor stuck to the healthier items on the menu. Sure, if you eat a Starbucks pastry every day washed down by a Venti whole milk Frappuccino with whipped cream you will not lose weight.

But that's not what she did. She found a method that was convenient (near her two jobs), familiar, and reliable. She apparently could afford it, and, as I said before, there may have been some extra benefit to going to the same store or stores. Most baristas at Starbucks try to anticipate your order if you go in there so much as twice. The atmosphere is much nicer than that of a Subway, a McDonalds or a Dunkin' Doughnuts.

Obviously, this was an unusual diet, which is why it was news. But it's not crazy. And she met her goal, which was to get down to a weight at which she could help someone.

No matter how many times people on this site say you have to figure out what works for you, some people do not get it.
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I watched this lady on the news and she explained how she watched the calories in the foods she was eating and maintained a caloric deficit. She said it was so easy because Starbucks providied nutrition values and calorie information on each package.

I didn't realize food from a grocery store didn't have this information. I've been lying to myself!!
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    "That's the cheapest and healthiest diet ever" said nobody ever. :devil:
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I can't help but think it would be cheaper to buy your own food AND hire a personal chef to make all of your meals. LOL

I haven't really been to Starbucks much, but I do know it is insanely expensive. Even in the documentary/comedy Fathead, the dude lost weight eating McDonalds. If that is possible, then losing weight while eating at any fastfood chain is possible.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'd get bored of Starbucks food after about 3 days! Plus their coffee sucks..way too weak! Food in coffee shops is not designed to be lived off.

If I could afford to eat in Starbucks for every meal I'd have a personal training session 5 days a week. Much better use of money!
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    She probably will not keep the weight off. Because 1) Starbucks is an expensive habit to perpetuate (she already works 2 jobs), 2) her average daily intake was well under 900 calories a day (this is way too low!), and 3) there was absolutely no mention if exercise.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!