Real women...

Options

Replies

• 1FitMom326
    Options
    [/quote]

maybe some of these fatties need to put the fork down and work out?
    [/quote]

^^^^ Yes!!!
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I like the concept. Young girls need to see not every woman is a stick figure model type, and that individuality is a good thing, a real thing. I am not encouraging anyone to be unhealthy, but recognize women come in all shapes and sizes.
  • shimewazaMan
    Options
    A sweat-drenched woman is about as hot as it gets!!!!!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Real women have vagina's. The end.
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I like the change - the whole "real women" thing has been overdone in an effort (seemingly) to pit women against each other. But, a good sweat on anyone is fantastic - a great sweat together is even better :blushing:
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I have a big problem with the term "real women" and I used to be obese
    ...now overweight and working on it....and it still bothers me to no end.

I used to ascribe to fat acceptance and dressed accordingly and felt confident for it.
    I've always pretty much been confident with my body for the most part, regardless of size.

But when you're trying to sell a product based solely on this "real women" crap, I have a problem with that.
    They only do it because there are more overweight/plus size CONSUMERS than those of normal weight.

The last I heard was 2/3 of America is overweight+?

...so yeah...it's purely a sales gimmick. Then the doctors make more money off the consumers with their medical problems growing....we're in a sick consumer society.

I think the commerical sends a posotive message. GET UP AND MOVE, work out, feel empowered, work hard, whatever you do, do it 100% - and YA you will sweat.

"real woman have curves" is an excuse for being overweight IMO.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

winner!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I think ALL women sweat. Real women have curves I think was made to make slightly overweight women feel better about them selves. I don't think a saying should define who you are. Feel comfortable in your own skin and don't worry about what other people or media are saying

I'm actually extremely comfortable in my own skin. It took a while, gaining weight, getting some definition, but I am comfortable with who I am regardless of any saying. I just felt overall, those sayings were meant to pit women of different body types against each other, rather than applaud one another for trying to live a healthier lifestyle.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Sweat is great!
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Sweat is sexy on a woman OR a man.....

And yes, I love the idea behind their ad :smile:
  • bravis113
    bravis113 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! A lot of women have been taught sweat is not lady like. But I feel beautiful and strong when I'm working out hard and sweating :bigsmile:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

Whoop!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Don't let my Ouma hear you! She was a farmer's wife in the most inhospitable arid countryside in South Africa but she never broke a sweat, I never saw her not perfectly groomed, and she'd have my hide if my hair came out of its braid before it was bath time at night. Real women sweat, sure, unless they're my Ouma :laugh:
  • SydneyBristowe
    Options

I used to ascribe to fat acceptance and dressed accordingly and felt confident for it.
    I've always pretty much been confident with my body for the most part, regardless of size.

But when you're trying to sell a product based solely on this "real women" crap, I have a problem with that.
    They only do it because there are more overweight/plus size CONSUMERS than those of normal weight.

...so yeah...it's purely a sales gimmick. Then the doctors make more money off the consumers with their medical problems growing....we're in a sick consumer society.

maybe some of these fatties need to put the fork down and work out?

I think both you and the poster you responded to kinda missed the point.

I usually hate the term "real women" as it has been twisted to usually mean 'not skinny women' and I object to the notion that someone is less real because of their body mass

When used correctly it's great. Dove's "real women" campaign actually meant women of all shapes, sizes and ages, not just models and not airbrushed

It looks like Secret (which actually I think might be the Dove brand name in the US?) are using it correctly. Real women do sweat, coz every woman in the world sweats wether they like it or not.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    This.
    But every real woman I've ever met also sweats.

Then again, I live in the South with hot, humid summers. :wink:
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

it's an ad...for deoderant...

Calm down.

this^ lol
    But if you know me..lets go there for a second....the ONLY time I have a problem with the quote "REAL WOMEN" is when its NOT.

ok back to reality
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I certainly hope so. I sweat like crazy when I work out...if I don't sweat I'm not working hard enough.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options

True story.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I've seen quite a few adverts take this tack recently - one for Sure deodorant in the UK has a rather steely woman gazing at the camera with the caption 'how strong I'm feeling will not depend on my sweat glands'.

But yes. Sweatwet girls are the best.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    This.
    But every real woman I've ever met also sweats.

Then again, I live in the South with hot, humid summers. :wink:

It's the curse of us southern girls.