Options

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Pineapple cheese casserole -

1 cup sugar (could use splenda)
    6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    2 cups grated sharp cheddar (reduced fat)
    2 (20-ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained, and 6 tablespoons pineapple juice reserved
    1 cup cracker crumbs (recommended: Ritz)
    8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted, plus extra for greasing pan (use light butter, or butter spray)

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
    Spray medium-size casserole dish with butter.

In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour. Gradually stir in the cheese. Add the drained pineapple chunks, and stir until ingredients are well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.

This dish is SOOOOOOOO yummy! You could do the same thing with apples!!

Sounds neat...is it a dessert or a meal?
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It's actually a side dish with my family!!!
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm SO hungry now! :)
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    steel cut oats, gala apples, and cinnamon. Cook overnight in your crock pot with a little water and makes a great breakfast :) Makes your house smell great too!

YUM!!!!!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Bump! Love this thread! I like pears or apples (sauted with onions) with pork loin chops for a hearty tasting fall/winter meal :smile:
  • rowdylibrarian
    rowdylibrarian Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    WANT!!! All of them! Nummmmm!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Here are a few warm fruit desserts I’ve made in the past.

DSCN0648.jpg?t=1340496543
    “Bananas Foster” in toasted crepe topped with sugar free vanilla pudding mixed with Cool Whip. To make the bananas foster I mixed and heated Parkay butter spray, cinnamon, and Walden Farms 0 calorie syrup. I then removed from the heat and added a sliced banana.

DSCN0571.jpg?t=1339370748
    Skinny Cow Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream wrapped in crepe on warmed sliced strawberries and raspberry puree with cinnamon, topped with FF Cool Whip and more fruit

DSCN0544.jpg?t=1339287802
    Sauteed apple with cinnamon, raspberries, and blueberries topped with FF Cool Whip

DSCN0450.jpg?t=1338334038
    DSCN0459.jpg?t=1338334405
    Pear pan cooked in butter spray and cinnamon, wrapped in a crepe, topped with FF Cool Whip and plated with Walden Farms 0 calorie Caramel Syrup

DSCN0338.jpg?t=1336784437
    Crepe with "baked" cinnamon apple topped with Skinny Cow Dulce de Leche ice cream and FF Cool Whip (ice cream starting to melt, but it was good)

DSCN0192-1.jpg?t=1334431794
    sliced apple sprinkled with cinnamon (microwaved for 2 min.), topped with 1/2 crushed Special K vanilla bar and FF Cool Whip
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    bump and thanks!
  • SoDamnHungry
    Options
    Oh man, I'm salivating.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Baked bananas! Peel one, wrap it in foil, and bake it for about 20 minutes.

If you wanna get crazy, you could stuff it with a few marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham cracker crumbles before baking...

Whoa... mind...BLOWN
  • rowdylibrarian
    rowdylibrarian Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I just made a microwaved baked apple, just in honor of this thread, and because you all were making me hungry!!! :)
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Bump! Love this thread! I like pears or apples (sauted with onions) with pork loin chops for a hearty tasting fall/winter meal :smile:

That sounds like it might be good.
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

DSCN0648.jpg?t=1340496543
    “Bananas Foster” in toasted crepe topped with sugar free vanilla pudding mixed with Cool Whip. To make the bananas foster I mixed and heated Parkay butter spray, cinnamon, and Walden Farms 0 calorie syrup. I then removed from the heat and added a sliced banana.

DSCN0571.jpg?t=1339370748
    Skinny Cow Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream wrapped in crepe on warmed sliced strawberries and raspberry puree with cinnamon, topped with FF Cool Whip and more fruit

DSCN0544.jpg?t=1339287802
    Sauteed apple with cinnamon, raspberries, and blueberries topped with FF Cool Whip

DSCN0450.jpg?t=1338334038
    DSCN0459.jpg?t=1338334405
    Pear pan cooked in butter spray and cinnamon, wrapped in a crepe, topped with FF Cool Whip and plated with Walden Farms 0 calorie Caramel Syrup

DSCN0338.jpg?t=1336784437
    Crepe with "baked" cinnamon apple topped with Skinny Cow Dulce de Leche ice cream and FF Cool Whip (ice cream starting to melt, but it was good)

DSCN0192-1.jpg?t=1334431794
    sliced apple sprinkled with cinnamon (microwaved for 2 min.), topped with 1/2 crushed Special K vanilla bar and FF Cool Whip

Now, THOSE, are some nice deserts Could you please post the entire recipes for those.?:bigsmile:
  • MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options

Now, THOSE, are some nice deserts Could you please post the entire recipes for those.?:bigsmile:

Sorry, I don't have any recipes for any of them as I just threw some stuff together and hoped it turned out good.
  • SoDamnHungry
    Options
    Anyone else? I figured different people might be on today.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Uhhhh... BUMP. This stuff is looking crazy good!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    Options
    Bump! Just in case some new people see this and have ideas.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • Playingwithfire89
    Options
    cut a banana in two halves, and cover in cinnamon wth splenda. Cook in the microwave for 30 seconds and then put ur favorite light yogurt in the middle