small NSV for me......

Options
2»

Replies

• cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! Happy Birthday, and Happy I Love Running day! Congrats to you!
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Options
    Happy Birthday! I don't love running, but it has helped me lose 60lbs along with weight training. Keep on truckin' girly!
  • heidim
    heidim Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have totally had success running while carrying around the extra pounds. I'm 5'7" and currently weigh about 205lbs. I started running years ago when I weighed in the 180's and found it extremely difficult and finally got up to completing 5K's like you have. My weight has been all over the past 4-5 years but I have continued to run. No matter if I'm constantly tracking what I eat or not, if I consistently fit running into my life I just feel better. Two years ago I decided to run a half marathon and finished it! Last year I ran 4 halves and had a blast - and all of those were at over 200 lbs and I find running now actually easier than when I weighed less but I think its because I finally have the conditioning.

I keep all my race numbers up in my office to keep me motivated to run after work.
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday and congrats on a great start to your journey. You can do this! I started running (again) at 225 and have run my way down to 195! On your mark, get set, GO!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday and way to finish!
  • mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Birthday T!!! You definitely deserve all this celebration. I know you will do it and I am so proud of your accomplishments. Thank you for sharing, it reminds us all that we need to celebrate the little NSV's all the time because they add up.
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Yeahh!!!! keep running.........
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!