Help! Studying makes me want to eat!

So I am taking a pretty intense course for work and the exam is in a couple of weeks. The problem is that when I study (which is most of my free time lately), I feel the need to eat! I think I relate this back to my University days which is why I gained the Freshman fifteen (or twenty... ).

Usually if I want to eat because I am bored, I can usually find something to do to take my mind off of food, but when I am studying, I am chained to the books! Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated. I cannot go on like this for 2 more weeks! Ahhh!

Replies

• coralee
    coralee Posts: 6
    So I am taking a pretty intense course for work and the exam is in a couple of weeks. The problem is that when I study (which is most of my free time lately), I feel the need to eat! I think I relate this back to my University days which is why I gained the Freshman fifteen (or twenty... ).

Usually if I want to eat because I am bored, I can usually find something to do to take my mind off of food, but when I am studying, I am chained to the books! Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated. I cannot go on like this for 2 more weeks! Ahhh!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    I have the same problem, I love to nibble when I'm studying. Or I'll eat to avoid studying. So I make sure either to have healthy munchies on hand, and plan for the calorie expenditure, or the harder thing: sheer willpower to tell myself I don't need to eat. If I get involved in what I'm studying it's easier to not think about food.
  • joanne123
    joanne123 Posts: 69
    well I know! Its just amazing. I can go for hours at the office rushing around with the odd cup of coffee but this week I have been writing documents at my kitchen table and I've been up and down to the fridge every five minutes!! You have my complete sympathy and understanding :grumble:
    I do try to be organised and get a little supply of health snacks ready. :smile: but I am not always successful.
    Because I also get bored though I add in energetic things too like half and hour cleaning the bathroom - the only time I enjoy cleaning is when I have to study/write! :laugh:

:flowerforyou: good luck
  • Deargan
    Deargan Posts: 18
    That's exactly how I gained my freshman 15, and my sophmore 15, and my junior....I have a grad degree...you get the point...:tongue:
    I lost 70 lbs when I left college. :happy:
    Anyway, now when I am doing work at home or studying for classes for work, I have the same problem. What I do....(not saying it will work for you) is get some slighty healthy (light butter) popcorn, and leave it in the other room. If I need something that bad I get a handful and eat it one at a time, not the whole handful like I want too. "The experts" say that you should eat crunchy stuff, and there's really only so many raw vegetables you can eat. So popcorn works for me.:flowerforyou:
  • coralee
    coralee Posts: 6
    Thanks for the sympathy, understanding, and tips everyone! I just hope that I can get a grip before I fall off the edge completely! LOL!

Good luck with your own personal challenges! :smile: