How to move on

Options
2»

Replies

• jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Ok, I admit I don't get out much, but what is an FWB relationship?
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I have begged him to tell me it's over (for the closure) and he refuses because he said he doesn't want to lose me completely.

Ignore this.. this just means he wants to see how long he can continue to sleep with you. He knows by now what kind of relationship he wants. Just tell him no and move on, he sounds rather toxic.

Yes. This. Don't give him the power! You know you're miserable. He's not. You are the one who needs to end it in order to feel whole again.

Agreed. He wants to get away with atrocious behavior and to harbor the hope that he can still show up at your flat, drunk, for a quickie.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options

friends with benefits..

* and I don't mean health or dental
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    okay - you don't need him to tell you it's over. take this from a previous hellraiser/heartbreaker/sorostitute slut. He is only saying he doesn't want to lose you completely because he wants you for the sex.

Ignore him. Cut him out completely and focus on YOU.

also, don't EVER regret anything you've done. You've made mistakes, and you learn from them. You take the good with the bad and become the best person you can be.

good luck doll :flowerforyou:
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

friends with benefits..

* and I don't mean health or dental
    OIC Well, I got nothin. I'm going to try to get out more.
  • proudarmywife06
    proudarmywife06 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I wrote a post about this warning s to eb careful and everyone was saying I was crazy and that grown women knew what they were doing. When a woman loses weight, it does boost her confidence but it can lead to very bad things as well. Women who were very obese at first even more. Dont beat yourself up. Make a plan on what you want to do with your life whether it be education, a family, or perfecting that beautiful body of yours even more. Dont settle for less at anytime and learn when to walk away. Also drinking can add those lbs right back on if your not careful. Just be wise in anything you do and live for you. And remember that if you are looking for someone special, you cant truely give that other person everything until you are completly ok with everything yourself. You cant make anyone happy if you arent happy basically. As for advice on the relationship. If it was just FWB, those NEVER work out and when they do its rare and feelings can get hurt b/c sex is a type of closeness and love and some people cant handle just having "fun" and moving on. Now that you know you arent that type of person, dont do it again. Like I said earlier make a plan. And list everythign you want in a man and what you want from you and what you have to offer. If the guy doesnt stand up to those standards then dont waste your time. Sorry you are going through a rough spot but it will get better :)
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    very well said proudarmwife...

like every one has said don't regret your past, just learn from it,

you would never have learned anything by not doing it...

and you look wonderful..
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm still struggling with this guy. Trying to find the strength to just walk away. Your responses have been very kind.
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I have begged him to tell me it's over (for the closure) and he refuses because he said he doesn't want to lose me completely.

Ignore this.. this just means he wants to see how long he can continue to sleep with you. He knows by now what kind of relationship he wants. Just tell him no and move on, he sounds rather toxic.
    Wise woman. She's 150% correct.