It's day one!

Hi there! I'm Sam from Pittsburgh. I'm starting anew, and it's very daunting. Obviously, I've tried to lose weight before, but I allow myself to get intimidated or I have excuses that end up preventing any real change.
So, here I am, weighing 382 pounds, and being only 21 years old, I feel so disgusted with myself. I don't want to describe myself with words like that ever again.
I'm ready to start my lifestyle change for real this time. So, I need friends, support, advice, and anything really! I hope to hear from at least one person (fingers crossed)!

Sam

Replies

• rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 688 Member
    Welcome to MFP. You have definatley come to the right place to help with your weightloss. So many motivational people on here and most of the threads are very informational. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • Pbgrl04
    Pbgrl04 Posts: 129
    Welcome! Feel free to add me!:smile:
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 806 Member
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile:
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Welcome to MFP please feel free to add me and we can help each other.

My 18 year old son has just lost 56lbs. He still needs to lose about 30lbs. It has been a long touch haul but he is doing really well.

I have about 28lbs to lose.

Everyone here is brilliant and encouraging especially when you feel like giving up. It helps to talk to people during the day when you are feeling low.
  • Sprmc47
    Sprmc47 Posts: 82 Member
    Welcome,
    Please feel free to ask me anything.I know how you feel, having felt that way many times prior. A lot of people say if I can do it you can do it. I used to say easy for you that's a bunch of BS, until one day I thought, what if they are right, what if I can do it. I am just as good, intelligent, caring, etc. etc. etc. as everyone else, why not and jumped right in. The results: So far I have lost 62lbs, 27lbs while here on MFP, and the other prior. I am much more confident, motivated with each success and put on a shirt yesterday that I haven't been able to where in 5 years. Check out my one before and after picture. I looked at it and could not believe it. So don't disregard this, when I say, if I can, you can. :-)

Best of luck. I will add you shortly!!!
  • amcmullan
    amcmullan Posts: 148 Member
    Welcome! Feel free to add me! Good luck on your journey! :)
  • Welcome Sam! MFP has been a great tool, and the community is very encouraging. Feel free to add me :)
  • ReneeNichol
    ReneeNichol Posts: 5 Member
    Welcome Sam and congrats for taking the first step! I think you'll find that having a community of people to support you in achieving your goals will really help you! :)
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Welcome to the site. I am still new myself. I know those words that you don't want to use again. I am on every day. I started by reading success stories and reading profiles. I have found support on this site. I will send you a friend request.
  • Welcome to MFP! You are still very young and you CAN do this! Feel free to add me and we can encourage each other!
    :happy:
  • Love your post! So true!
  • Welcome to MFP.. ! Good luck.. :)
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,648 Member
    Welcome! Feel free to add me :) It's always easier with people on your side!
  • Welcome,
    Please feel free to ask me anything.I know how you feel, having felt that way many times prior. A lot of people say if I can do it you can do it. I used to say easy for you that's a bunch of BS, until one day I thought, what if they are right, what if I can do it. I am just as good, intelligent, caring, etc. etc. etc. as everyone else, why not and jumped right in. The results: So far I have lost 62lbs, 27lbs while here on MFP, and the other prior. I am much more confident, motivated with each success and put on a shirt yesterday that I haven't been able to where in 5 years. Check out my one before and after picture. I looked at it and could not believe it. So don't disregard this, when I say, if I can, you can. :-)

Best of luck. I will add you shortly!!!

Love your post! So true!
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Day one is always the hardest... but good for you on making the decision/commitment to begin.

Am open, if you want to add me =)
  • welcome! this is probably the best place to start if you are really committed to doing it. Sending a friend request
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Welcome!!! You got this!!! We all have to start somewhere. There are going to be days that are not so good as others but the key is to KEEP GOING! You only have lost the battle when you give up! Good luck hun! :drinker:
  • Congratulations on day 1 of reaching your goals! I am also 21, and I am in the worst shape of my life. I know how you feel. I have been on this site for a while, but never used it much. always on and off with dieting. After this summer though, when I was embarrassed to go to the beach/pool with any of my friends because I didn't wanna be seen in a swim suit, I decided enough was enough. I try to log in everyday now. I'll send you a friend request :)
  • Welcome!! The support system that you find here is AMAZING!!! Don't be afraid to post your questions or message your friends for advice. Feel free to add me! :)
  • Thanks for all the requests guys! Your advice and words of encouragement are helpful! I'm excited to get started now haha.